• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

“Slipping” under load

wshellrider

Extreme
Posting for a friend. 2010 nytro xtx, 6500 Kms. Recently he’s noticed what can only be described as belt slippage. It seems to happen regularly in deep snow, especially while trying to start, but on occasion it happens on the trail. Any suggestions as to why this may be happening? It’s getting worse over time.

We’ve checked for snow in the clutches, the springs in both clutches are intact, chaincase appears fine, weights in the primary appear to be intact, belt is relatively new and doesn’t show sign of wear.

might need to scotchbrite the belt surface in the primary as it might be glazed and letting it slip. had this happen on older sleds before.

Yeah I would check to see how hot the clutches are. If they are hot then its for sure slipping. I would scotchbrite the surfaces like Maim said above. Also make sure the clutches both move freely without the belt on to make sure nothing is binding up.

I would check the plate on the bottom that you take off to change your oil filter my was doing the same thing and it was gone

Posting for a friend. 2010 nytro xtx, 6500 Kms. Recently he’s noticed what can only be described as belt slippage. It seems to happen regularly in deep snow, especially while trying to start, but on occasion it happens on the trail. Any suggestions as to why this may be happening? It’s getting worse over time.

We’ve checked for snow in the clutches, the springs in both clutches are intact, chaincase appears fine, weights in the primary appear to be intact, belt is relatively new and doesn’t show sign of wear.
Bottom skid plate missing.

Thanks for the suggestions. The bottom skid plate is intact. I'll have to check the temp of the clutches.

I don't think snow is causing this as it's happened immediately at the start of day before getting into any snow.

Back