• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 warrior full throttle problem.. help

cole397

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
07 apex carb
I have done the carbs 3 times and about to do them A FOURTH... 3/4 to full throttle I have a huge engine bog.. but if I hit choke it takes off like crazy.. so something is restricting my fuel.. my main jets are spotless and I synct the carbs also.. what am I missing

Four things come to mind right away.

1] check your fuel tank vent and hose are not plugged or kinked...its on top at the front of fuel tank

2] check that your carbs vent lines are not plugged or kinked

3] check/replace your in tank fuel filter and check your fuel line for holes/cracks

4] Yamaha has been inserting "top hat" fuel filters under the float needle and seat since they started using flat slides on their thripples and twins in the 90s...I suspect even your RX1 has these.
These top hat filters are easy to miss as you have to remove the floats then the needle and seat in the carb body.
I have seen these completely plugged with residue from ethanol fuel.
I have removed these on all my VMax4s, SX triples , and my SRX with no side effects and eliminated the possible lean condition these can cause when they plug up.

thanks I will look under the float needle for sure thanks...... let u know shortly

here is a question for u.. its separate from above one.. I have a 2000 sxr600 triple, carbs also clean.. but if u punch it from dead stop it boggs so bad wont even turn track... but if u feather it up it runs good and if u punch it it also runs good. only if u hit throttle hard from stopped or slow speed

here is a question for u.. its separate from above one.. I have a 2000 sxr600 triple, carbs also clean.. but if u punch it from dead stop it boggs so bad wont even turn track... but if u feather it up it runs good and if u punch it it also runs good. only if u hit throttle hard from stopped or slow speed

Could be your TORS system acting up...try loosening the throttle cable a bit.
If all parts of your carbs, pilots, main jets, air passages ect are spotless then it could be your fuel screw adjustments...they are a pain as the carbs have to come off as they are right on the bottom. Set them to factory specs.
Lots of info on this subject on the 2 stroke side.

Are the carbs fully seated in the air box boots ? They are a pain to get all 4 carbs fully seated sometimes. That would make it suck a lot of air and make it lean at full throttle.

so far they are all in boots, and still doing same thing, I have air box off and does same thing.. bog mid range, wont open up either..

fuel filters and plugs new?

still mid hesitation, but if i hit choke it takes off? u think filter?

Back