• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Vector DIES at 5200..!!~..??

Fresh gas tomorrow Non Ethyl and maybe a couple of shots of carb cleaner down its throat.
Snowwww.... this weekend....?? We usually get shafted though

No error codes displayed on dash while this is going on?

have you let it run long enough to get up to full tempurature?

Well, well, well....hoodathunk bad gas was the culprit...?? Thanks to all you guys we found it....annnnd a BIG dif with the airbox closed & sealed.
As it was running on the stand with a couple good revs.... "thought" I smelled belt ...butHEY it was running and rather GREAT.Well ruined belt on the outside (pic attached) Had both of the clutches off & replaced with Ebays.....2 YRS ago - never saw snow...neither did this area. Secondary floats on the shaft - prett sure I put ALL the spacers behind it... I'm old I can't remember 2 yrs ago... Checked it against my unviolated 2010Vector... Clutch float here as I know it should be. DID NOT actually measure one's float with the other. Anyone give me a down & dirty quick check for this. Of course we know the ctr to ctr could NOT have changed. I. have anothe belt pic & a short vid of sled running..but I can only post one at a time??? lemme know if you need more pics.

Attachments

• 20240104_173348.jpg
    20240104_173348.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 31
how high is idle set?

yup that belt is cooked. ok for a limp it back but bad for running all season.

Well, well, well....hoodathunk bad gas was the culprit...?? Thanks to all you guys we found it....annnnd a BIG dif with the airbox closed & sealed.
As it was running on the stand with a couple good revs.... "thought" I smelled belt ...butHEY it was running and rather GREAT.Well ruined belt on the outside (pic attached) Had both of the clutches off & replaced with Ebays.....2 YRS ago - never saw snow...neither did this area. Secondary floats on the shaft - prett sure I put ALL the spacers behind it... I'm old I can't remember 2 yrs ago... Checked it against my unviolated 2010Vector... Clutch float here as I know it should be. DID NOT actually measure one's float with the other. Anyone give me a down & dirty quick check for this. Of course we know the ctr to ctr could NOT have changed. I. have anothe belt pic & a short vid of sled running..but I can only post one at a time??? lemme know if you need more pics.
Yes, they won't run right without the airbox closed up.

how high is idle set?

yup that belt is cooked. ok for a limp it back but bad for running all season.
Any idea what caused it....????

too high idle, broken primary spring, sticking/stuck primary and park brake being on tops my short list.

too high idle, broken primary spring, sticking/stuck primary and park brake being on tops my short list.
idle at 1350 Primary spring does not appear broken? brake NOT on checked twice. Sled on the stand. Seemed like clutch engaged properly around 4000. Track turned "easily" I haven't tried to turn the secondary by hand - should turn VERY easily with sled off the ground.... eh?

If I HAD forgotten a spacer behind the secondary- How many should there be # of spacers or total shim width? Can I match it up with 2010's float - like measure between the sheave & the bulkhead? -pushed in & then pulled out? compare them both? If REALLY need be... I could take off the 10's clutch & see its spacer(S)...but that one works & gonna be used tomorrow - FINALLY "0"! miles on that last year. Would like to get the 08 out..cuz if it breaks down I can use the 10 to lug it home.

someone will correct me if i am wrong but i think its pretty unchanged between both your sleds. should be about the same.

Back to the belt wear & someone's thought of the brake stuck?....Track on ground ( didn't run sled). Brake disc moves easily back & forth on shaft Pads are good. Methinks not hanging up - OR should there be an obvious - visual gap between pads and disk. My eye cannot "measure" the gap - no obvious space but rotor turns very easily - assuming this is OK?

Back