• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 lower ball joint

RB Racing

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro xtx 1.75
Is this a year specific ball joint? Aftermarket lists 07-08 and 10-14 ?
Will these ball joints work. This is my first sled trying to get it ready for riding. Thanks.

Go here and put in your year and model. You can go back and forth from year to year and see what has changed and get the proper parts!!
You don't have to buy from them,but I have had good luck as long as I get to the minimum for free shipping otherwise they get you on shipping (beware).

http://www.procaliber.com/oemparts/#/c/yamaha_snowmobile/parts

Good luck

Pete

By the way there is a left hand and a right hand ball joint make sure you order the right one.

Pete

Hey Pete
The lower ball joint on the a arms - left and right are identical, same as the upper joint and stering ball joint
They may be identified with a different part code but are the same part.

Ms

That seems stupid. Why would they do that?

Pete

I think starting in 2010 the nytro ball joints are a 3 piece ball joint. There are 2 inserts that press into the ball. You can put a 10+ in an 08-09 but you need to order the inserts as well.

The after market ones I have access to are the 10+ style. I can provide pics if more clarification is needed.

I think starting in 2010 the nytro ball joints are a 3 piece ball joint. There are 2 inserts that press into the ball. You can put a 10+ in an 08-09 but you need to order the inserts as well.

The after market ones I have access to are the 10+ style. I can provide pics if more clarification is needed.

Sure if you could post some pics that would be great, my a-arms are in getting powder coated now.
I ended up ordering the 2010 after market ball joints hoping they will work.

OP where did you get the lower BJ's from? My 09 XTX has about 15,000km on it now, and I plan to replace uppers and lowers this fall - they've never been done.

I have come across numerous parts, especially in the skid that are symmetrical but have separate codes. Doesn't make sense to me and seems to add more layers of work for the oem.

Who knows....

Ms
They are just trying to confuse us!!

Pete

OP where did you get the lower BJ's from? My 09 XTX has about 15,000km on it now, and I plan to replace uppers and lowers this fall - they've never been done.
royal distributing they have upper and lower ball joints. Do your a-arm bushings while your at it and check the spindle bushings.

Last edited:
Ball joint just showed up looks like a match.
2187e96b9023ca43f9d9635d03d37041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old ball joint is at my buddies but I will double check. I assume it will be the same.

Fits perfect.
9871939615541f741b3c28c631753402.jpg

Back