• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Nytro XTX clutches

Foletrain

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro XTX
Owned my 2 nytros for several years now and I am thinking I should be doing some clutch maintenance. What does everyone do? Or things I should look out for?

start with blowing them out with compressed air. then you can pull the cover off the primary and make shure all the bushings, pivots and rollers are good.

start with blowing them out with compressed air. then you can pull the cover off the primary and make shure all the bushings, pivots and rollers are good.
You remove it from the machine first? I have taken the secondary off lots. Just worried about eating parts in my face when disassembling LOL!

it can be done with the primary still on motor if weights are stock. you need to pull the big bolt out in the middle and then you can work your way around loosening the small bolts to get clutch cover off. i run drag n flies/heel clicker primary weights and the spring is extra long vs stock yamaha springs. stock yamaha springs, you can compress the cover enough by hand to get the bolts started.

Back