• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

`09 XTX balljoints...how are they holding up?

nlh

Extreme
Those of you with `09 XTX's, how are the balljoints holding up for you thus far?

I have the same machine and have found that my lower balljoints have quite a bit of slop in them. Can't tell you an exact figure as I haven't measured yet, but I would guess around .03 or so... up and down. I have around 1700 miles on them and kept them lubricated with silicone spray throughout last season. The uppers are worn as well, but nothing close to the lowers.

Just curious how many others are seeing the same thing.

Thanks

4strknytro,

Are you getting yours replaced under warranty? I found them online for around $80 a pop, hope I don't have to replaced them for that every 2000 miles or so.

Thanks

3500 miles and my a-arm bushings had to be replaced but my rod ends and joints are tight. very minimal slop

Justinator,

Did you do anything special for lubricant on the joints to make them last that long?

Interestly enough, my upper a-arm bushings are in bad shape with a lot of slop, but the bottom bushings are very tight. I'm in the process of installing Ulmer's bushings and found all the slop in the joints. Also should note that my rod ends feel like new. No slop whatsoever.

4strknytro,

Good to hear your getting yours replaced under warranty. I have the 4 year extended as well. I will be talking to my dealer as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks guys

nlh said:
Justinator,

Did you do anything special for lubricant on the joints to make them last that long?

Interestly enough, my upper a-arm bushings are in bad shape with a lot of slop, but the bottom bushings are very tight. I'm in the process of installing Ulmer's bushings and found all the slop in the joints. Also should note that my rod ends feel like new. No slop whatsoever.

4strknytro,

Good to hear your getting yours replaced under warranty. I have the 4 year extended as well. I will be talking to my dealer as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks guys

Nope, never touched them with anything. Actually rode the sled pretty hard last winter. Used oillites in the a-arms as well

Got a bit of slop on my 09 mostly on the LH side.
Not sure if it is arm bushings or lower balljoint yet.

Dumb question. (never did balljoints myself before)
How easy is it to pop out the clip underneath the lower balljoint?
I'm hoping to unbolt the spindle and tip the sled up on it's side to get at it.
Then what?? Press out or hammer out the balljoint?
Or will it fall out?

Cheers

Back