• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 xtx lower ball joints

Yeah, top and bottom or can you tell me if on one side there are three marks?

Definitely not a Yamaha part. Made in Taiwan huh? How do they look? That second number seems to reference SPI.

It`s an aftermarket company that makes some parts, most notably, pistons. Sorta like Kimpex.

Top. Bottom side
imagejpg2_zps05595c70.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsfe8f5e57.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsa0beb96f.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 84
Well, looks like a balljoint :D. Only time will tell how it lasts.

I put about 1000 km the Yamaha BJ`s and I already have some slop. They should be protected from the elements by having rubber boots of some kind, which would also allow better lubrication.

I have to replace my lower balljoints this summer as well and will be trying these. I don't think they can be any worse than yamaha's. I also have to replace uppers and spindle bushings, and tie rod ends. :o|:mad:. Oh well guess its better than replacing crank bearings and $200 belts.

I hope these work better than yamaha's because there is only 2000km on the lowers.

Pressed em in tonight, def not all made to spec. One side is nice and snug in the collar when i move it like it should be and the other is looser, oh well, lets see how long these taiwanese babies hold up

How did the old ones come out?

Went to edit post & lost it all, this new configured board is whacky....
ARRRRR!

Last edited:
Must be something you did because I got the email notification of your post and got it all:

Last year I bought OEM ball joints for my '07 Phazer, they were $70 a piece @ dealer.
All the stuff I checked online was basically priced more and the same $$ anywhere....

My dealer cuts me a 15% break, generally stocks items + no waiting on a measly part that gets shipped at the most expensive rate & could go in a 'lil packing envelope instead of a box 3x the parts size.
Keeping it local I save a couple bucks and we both stay happy.

And your dancing banana don't dance no more :(

Back