• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 xtx skis and carbides?

dukenasty

I have an 09 xtx and currently have Yamaha mountain skis on it. I don't really like them and was wondering what ski and carbide I should get? I usually ride trails and ditches in Minnesota. I was thinking maybe the C&A pro xtx skis but have no clue what is the best carbide to go with and what length. Thank!

I just put a set of hellhounds with 6 inch shapers on my XTX...was running the yamaha mountains with sno trackers...like the new set up better because IMHO it turns better...stearing is a bit heavier but I like that...I still have to set the toe in out as I ran the old skis streight.

Unfortunately I don't know much about the toe and what it does? I would like mine to steer a little easier... After a long day on the trails it gets to be tiring. I will take a look at the Hellhounds.

Hellhounds are more aggressive then powder hounds (bigger and deeper keel)...you might want to look at powder hounds. People also seem to like the curves although I have never tried them.

Hmmm.. I was considering trying a set of oem Yamaha MTN skis with snowtrackers.

The tuners are OK on hardpack but suck bad off trail.

Hmmm.. I was considering trying a set of oem Yamaha MTN skis with snowtrackers.

The tuners are OK on hardpack but suck bad off trail.

Don't get me wrong the mountain skis with snow trackers worked...I just wanted something a little more aggressive.

I run the Curve skis with 6" and they are great both on and off trail. The length of your carbides are going to depend on the amount of studs.

I'm doing the "old" MTX skis with snowtrackers this season myself on my 09 XTX... have run snowtrackers on my Apex and Nytro for 3 or 4 seasons now with stock skis and have really liked them. Let us know what you end up going with and how it turns out.

Back