• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 XTX vs Fusion 900

The nytro now gets kicked in the 600 class by the 08 600 sdi. It is a 600 class sled..don,t kid yourself.
The 600 sdi is running better et on grass then the apex also.

Turk said:
The nytro now gets kicked in the 600 class by the 08 600 sdi. It is a 600 class sled..don,t kid yourself.

These are the same results I saw last year.

Wife would blow by me on her gade 600 sdi around 50 mph - consistently.

My nytro had no top end whatsoever.

Yes - I would holeshot her by 2 sled lengths (144 studs helped), but unfortunately it was a short lived victory.

I chuckle when I read about these guys smokin' 800s with their nytros.

As Turks says - they are 600 class sleds. Some are competitive 600 class sleds, while others aren't(mine included) :o|

800 killers? give yer head a shake!!

Wasn't someone getting real life dyno numbers closer to 130 than the claimed ??? 138? I know with all the stuff I have on my XTX it's in the 600 class. Add a taller windscreen, side deflectors and a trail tank (more fuel ='s more weight) and the top end suffers even more. But she is quick out of the hole and corner to corner!!!

BLUEBALLER said:
Turk said:

Yes - I would holeshot her by 2 sled lengths (144 studs helped), but unfortunately it was a short lived victory.

As Turks says - they are 600 class sleds. Some are competitive 600 class sleds, while others aren't(mine included) :o|

Nytromaniac has had great results....has a vid on you tubes of him running side by side with a Mach Z 1000 and they seem to be running good distance...now the Mach does edge him out near the end of the race but not by much.....some guys just have better luck than others I guess.

BLUEBALLER said:
Turk said:

The Nytro does not have top end. The XTX does.... Like 4-8mph more... It's one of the reasons more people bought the XTX. It does most everything better then the Nytro 121"

Figured I'd chime in here to let you know I had a chance to run a 900 switchback this weekend we both were studded and weigh about the same.I do admit I'm improved with k&n's, header, and dragon fly's.In 5-600ft took him out of the hole by over 3 lengths ,by the end he was catching me but still had him by 2. Would be real close at 1000'. Not trying to stir the pot ,just giving you my results.

By no means am I calming my sled is a 800 killer, however I can hold it off when we race to around 80-90mph. Understand my 08 RTX is now stretched to an XTX has all Ulmer clutching, fuel mapping, header, Barkers performance exhaust, K&N filters and is studded. So I have every advantage I can, and I am a heavy rider. So I can move quickly with great traction.

Turk is right about the 600E-tec, my boss has one and I can pull away only to be passed.

Most races are over at the 105 mph mark.. Unless you are a lake racer, the Nytro is one of the fastest trail sleds going. The XTX can run real strong to a 105 GPS assuming you have some mods to it, like you stated above. Assuming you have the stock track on an XTX and not a big lug top end killer which includes a (cobra track and above). Most 800's don't run much more then 100-112mph. A good running XTX can run that speed. Most 600's can't. That being said, because of the approach angle on the rails of the 121" Nytro and if you do not do any gearing changes, you are going to get beat by a 600 class sled. The stock gearing on the Nytro is not meant for much more than a 100mph.

Yooper1, unless the 144" has the same approach angle as the XTX, you are definitely not going to run any good top end numbers, maybe worse..

BLUEBALLER said:
Turk said:

You didn't happen to sell that 600 SDI to Mighty did you? If so ask him how it ran against my Nytro "Not very good"!!! Mind you I have Filters,excell Header, PC111 and an Ignition module. But I walked all over his 600 SDI. He even got a jump one run "he hit the throttle first" and i walked by him like he was dragging another sled. this is with Drag and fly clutching. There is more to be had. I'm going to try the two speeds in a couple weeks.

When the sled was stock in did 105 on GPS. Your right it is not a lake racer, it is a trail racer and does well. Funny, I do live on a lake.

dirkdiggler said:
BLUEBALLER said:
Turk said:

You didn't happen to sell that 600 SDI to Mighty did you? If so ask him how it ran against my Nytro "Not very good"!!! Mind you I have Filters,excell Header, PC111 and an Ignition module. But I walked all over his 600 SDI. He even got a jump one run "he hit the throttle first" and i walked by him like he was dragging another sled. this is with Drag and fly clutching. There is more to be had. I'm going to try the two speeds in a couple weeks.

Scott from Boss performance tells me that the D&F's actually have more hp at the track consistently across the run then the 2 speeds. 2 speeds have more hp at the track at the initial start and then it falls off a bit...

Bigger tracks kill this sled on the top end. I added a Cobra to my Apex and I lost 4mph on top end and accleration after 100mph... What I gained in one area, I lost in the other..

SledFreak said:
dirkdiggler said:
BLUEBALLER said:
Turk said:

Scott from Boss performance tells me that the D&F's actually have more hp at the track consistently across the run then the 2 speeds. 2 speeds have more hp at the track at the initial start and then it falls off a bit...

that's good to know thank for the info. ;)!

I do have to work on my drag and fly setup. My sled is at teh dyno so once I have those numbers I am going to adjust my Clutching.

Back