• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09Apex LTX or 2010 Vector GT

Jay Jager

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Vector GT
I have a chance to buy either an 09 Apex or 2010 Vector. Both have the same kms and in are in very good condition. I do my riding on mostly groomed trails. I am riding an 05 Vector now.
What is the better choice?

I had a '10 Vector that I rode for 2 seasons. Traded it in on a '12 Apex. Both great sleds! How much power do you want? That's about the only difference between the 2. My opinion: Apex all the way!!

If you drive northern Ontario where gas is not always easy to find apex may have issues. Father in law had to go 130 miles once befor they could find any. That's kinda holding me back on one.

Who wouldn't like extra power. :)
Are the 09 Apex and 2010 Vector basically the same sled with different engines?
Same suspension and chassis?
Will either sled be a big improvement from my 05 Vector?

Who wouldn't like extra power. :)
Are the 09 Apex and 2010 Vector basically the same sled with different engines?
Same suspension and chassis?
Will either sled be a big improvement from my 05 Vector?
Yes, basically the same but different engines. The '10 Vector was the first year for fuel injection. Way more smoother than your '05. Apex fuel injected also. What's the prices for the 2 you are looking at??

You can't go wrong - which is the better deal? I went from an '05 Vector to a '10 LTX GT Vector last fall and really love the upgrade. The question should be how often do you need to go over 100mph VS how often do you need to go another 20 miles to get gas. Both are probably rare occasions so in the end splitting hairs. I do notice the Apex's turnover faster on the local Craigslist than the Vectors do so when the time comes the Apex would be easier to sell. There also will be a new Apex coming out in the next year or two - used market could get flooded quick with folks upgrading.

Apex.
If mileage or gas is a concern i have seen gas cans addad to apexes. Just gotta search the forums.
Also, you can ease up on the throttle some and improve your mileage and it will feel like you are driving a vector but you still have that awsome sonuding apex exhaust. Lol

Vector will handle better. 2010 Vector has the updated mono shock skid. The fuel injection in the Vector especially if its a LTX will keep up to the Apex till about 80mph then the Apex will slowly pull away. Vector will get way better fuel economy.

We have a 2010 Vector Ltx and a 07 Attak....I like the Attak better..smoother. Granted the Vector has better fuel economy and easier to change oil filters. Still like the 07.

Thanks for the info guys. Local Doo Dealer has these Yamahas. He has two Vectors, 7,000 kms. I called the previous owner. He bought both sleds new for him and his wife. Both serviced annually at the local shop. Turns out the Apex has 7500 MILES. Leaning towards the Vector, I like the lower KMs and I like the White better than the Red.

I have both. Throttle response is smoother on the Vector. I prefer the Vector when just going around with the kids or especially when pulling tubes or the snowcoach. Didn't know how smooth it could be until I got the Vector.

When going out with the guys who runs fast no question, for the lake or straight trails Apex all the way. Sound of the engine is the best out there bar none!

Back