• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1.75" or 2"

Sask Attak

Expert
Who has a 1.75" back country track on their xtx, and who has a 2" track on their xtx? I live in Saskatchewan and ride 70% off trail. Did you do any gear changes? Do you recommend extro's? Thanks guys!!

I have a 2" 16" wide on mine, it works well. I'd go with to 2" you can even still use 9 tooth drivers! I did install extroverts on mine.
I had to trim about 3/8" off the front of the rails and re-install the black plastic caps. So the rail tips would clear the extrovert driver teeth, though.

I run a 1.75" backcountry - everything else in the skid stock with the tunnel protectors of course taken out. I run 70%-80% off trail as well and the 1.75" works great for me in that respect.

Really like the stiff lugs for both resilancy on the trail as well as durability when off.

Sticks in the Face said:
I run a 1.75" backcountry - everything else in the skid stock with the tunnel protectors of course taken out. I run 70%-80% off trail as well and the 1.75" works great for me in that respect.

Really like the stiff lugs for both resilancy on the trail as well as durability when off.

What Sticks really means is to get the 2".... He's just soft selling it :tg: :tg: :tg: :tg: :tg:

Mike ;)!

I run the 1.75" Ripsaw Lite Single Ply track. So far it's great. I also installed extros (2.86" Pitch) and trimmed the rail tips. Haven't looked back. 2" would be nice occasionally in the really deep stuff (but that's what the REV is for), but this track is awesome on the trail and isn't too hard on hyfax. That being said- I think anyone with an XTX who is thinking about running a 1.75" and up track should probably consider a set of Hiperfax. I typically ride in good snow conditions, but went through three sets of stock hyfax last winter in 2500mi. Since the Hiperfax- not a single problem.

Nope. Just the 2.86" drivers and adjusting the tension. It was pretty close to the end of the adjustment, but I broke the track in that way and it never stretched to a point where I NEEDED to do anything else. Never one to leave well enough alone though, I installed a Mountain Machines freedom axle and 8" center mounted wheels in the back.... :Rockon: But again, they were not neccessary. A lot of guys dislike the Ripsaw pattern, but have only ridden it in the 1.25" lug height (stock), which sucks off trail. Once you add the extra lug height, it becomes a whole different track. It's not as good as say, a Powder Claw in the deep stuff, but the stiffer lugs make it a much better crossover track and make for GREAT braking performance on trails (I don't like studs). It's a crossover track- not perfect for either application, but the best compromise. The backcountry is a good track too- I have ridden a couple of sleds with them. Good off-trail performance, but I felt the lugs were a little soft and braking on the trails was compromised. Either would make you happy- just telling you the way I went and why. Hope this helps!

Back