• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

136" track USA extension install finally done

Yama 1000

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 viper LTX DX
After a couple of hours for the last three weekends I have finally finished installing my 136" backcountry 1.75 track with track USA rail extension and tunnel extension. I have been wrenching on sleds for 15 years , but this is my first ever track install. The install went well , except getting the reverse fingers to drop on the gear was tricky. I took it for a test ride tonight and everything seems to be ok. I did not really care for the way the tunnel extension fit on the exciting tunnel. I was wondering if I could use a different type of rivet to pull the corners of the extension closer to the metal on the sled ? Any suggestions would help.
image.jpg

Did you use a hand rivet gun or a pneumatic gun? I hate to say it but if you used a hand riveter I'd get my hands on a pneumatic one and drill them all out and do it again. It would be a lot tighter.

If I remember right the Tracks USA kit doesn't come with multigrip rivets. I purchased a bag of multigrip from OFT to do the install and had no problems with overall fit. I thought I said this in your other post about the bumper reinstall.

Last edited:
Thanks Grizz. That's one big detail that you did mention earlier that I must have missed. I will order them on Monday.

What are you guys using for clutch/gearing changes if anything. Planning on doing the same extension for my 09 nytro

I kept stock gearing on mine and added a stage II Schmidt Bros clutch kit.
So all you have is track extension and clutch kit? How much of a difference did it make? I wanna stretch and clutch my 2010 nytro rtx se

So all you have is track extension and clutch kit? How much of a difference did it make? I wanna stretch and clutch my 2010 nytro rtx se
Yep, just a 136" extension and a clutch kit. I had the stock 121 ripsaw prior, for comparison, as well as the Schmidt Bro's comfort clutch kit. I installed the extension and put a 1.5" intense track on and upgraded the clutch kit to the Stage II, and it pulls like a freight train now. It is still not an offtrail monster, but it does take a lot more effort to get it stuck and a lot less effort to get it unstuck, I"m sure with a rider that knows what they're doing off trail it would do OK. Much smoother ride on the ratted out trails. Feels like it gained 30 HP with the track and clutch because all it did was spin with the stock set up.

Back