• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

144" vs 151" track

dangrs1

Extreme
Country
USA
I have a 2009 Venture GT and looking at a new 2016 Venture TF or a 2015 Venture GT . GT 144" track vs TF 151". What difference will I notice in the track length? I know it might sound strange but I'm a pretty aggressive rider and keep up with most everyone with the big tank. I never bottom out so I wouldn't think the 12.4 vs the 13.8 rear travel would do anything for me.

Last edited:

I have a 2009 Venture GT and looking at a new 2016 Venture TF or a 2015 Venture GT . GT 144" track vs TF 151". What difference will I notice in the track length? I know it might sound strange but I'm a pretty aggressive rider and keep up with most everyone with the big tank. I never bottom out so I wouldn't think the 12.4 vs the 13.8 rear travel would do anything for me.

It will push a tad bit more but put some good skis on it and it will be just fine. 5 inches more of track on the ground on that tank it will still feel the same.

I just bought a 2015 Venture GT. The reason I went with that over the 2016 TF is first of all less money but also a combination of a shorter track and better rear shocks (40mm with piggy back vs 36mm). Especially if you are an aggressive driver that is something to consider. Also I am not a fan of the articulated rear rail. Its harder to change the slides for one thing and more moving parts to break/wear out. I also liked the color better. Also there was a survey done which one people would prefer and 66% of the people chose the GT over the TF.

Back