• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'19 SRX rear spring rate

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
I've searched for an hour now but haven't found what I'm looking for. Either it hasn't been posted or I've looked right over it. Anyway does anyone know the spring rate for the stock ones on a '19 SRX? Also what about the percentage of increase when rotating the preload cam from the lowest position to the other 2? I'm making a list of things to check for next season seeing how my riding time is toast now,and fine tuning the suspension front and rear is something I want to dive into. I plan to pull the shocks and have them rebuilt ove the summer but once I get on the snow next winter I plan to start adjusting to get things the ride where I want it.

Those rear torsion springs should be .405" diameter, 18.5-lb rate, and 100-degree angle between each leg. The standard torsion springs on the rest of the LTX models from 17+ are .394" wire diameter, 16.5-lb rate, and a 94-degree angle between the legs. The 94-degree angle gives them more preload than the 100-degree on the SRX springs. The SRX springs would have more sit-in sag.

Great info,thanks.I don't suppose you know the percentage of increase each bump on the cam raises the preload by chance?

Great info,thanks.I don't suppose you know the percentage of increase each bump on the cam raises the preload by chance?
I don't know that. Sorry.

The reason I had the other information is that I am currently looking into installing 19-21 SRX ski shock springs and torsion springs on my 17 LTX SE so I have been doing some research. In my research, I have found that it appears the SRX springs are the same rate as the stiffer ones that came on my 15 Viper LTX SE... they are just clocked to 100-degrees (more sit-in) instead of 94-degrees for the 15 Viper springs. I have also found that for some reason, the 22 SRX is using the same springs at the 17+ standard 16.5-lb torsion springs that would have come on all other LTX models. I have no idea why because that means that they no longer have the lowered rear torsion springs.

The info on the LTX springs having more preload but a softer rate would explain the Barn Of Parts spring cam relocate rod which softens the preload of the springs. I thought about trying it on my '19 SRX but wasn't sure if I was going the right route with trying to get the spring rate and preload where I wanted it.

The info on the LTX springs having more preload but a softer rate would explain the Barn Of Parts spring cam relocate rod which softens the preload of the springs. I thought about trying it on my '19 SRX but wasn't sure if I was going the right route with trying to get the spring rate and preload where I wanted it.
Are you unhappy with the SRX torsion springs on your 19 SRX? I have ordered the SRX dual-rate front springs and was considering re-indexing my 15 Viper LTX stock torsion springs to 100-degrees. Then they would be the same as the 19-21 SRX torsions and I should have the same ride height as an SRX on my 17 LTX SE.

Well I was just spitballing over the winter on how to soften the ride a bit.I'm not totally sure it isn't just a matter of having the shocks rebuilt/revalved as they have in the neighbourhood of 4500 miles on them now and if I get them done I can see what this sled will ride like with the shocks being in as new shape.I go through this same scenario every time I ride my old 2 stroke SRX because those sleds are valved SOOOO stiff and I keep saying I need to get them revalved softer to make the sled remotely comfortable to ride.

Well I was just spitballing over the winter on how to soften the ride a bit.I'm not totally sure it isn't just a matter of having the shocks rebuilt/revalved as they have in the neighbourhood of 4500 miles on them now and if I get them done I can see what this sled will ride like with the shocks being in as new shape.I go through this same scenario every time I ride my old 2 stroke SRX because those sleds are valved SOOOO stiff and I keep saying I need to get them revalved softer to make the sled remotely comfortable to ride.
What weight are you with gear on? I am around 200.

With gear on I'd say about 225lbs on the sled.
OK, so we are not too much different. So in your opinion, the SRX torsion springs are too stiff?

Initially I was thinking so but it may be more that the shocks are not damping as much as they should.I have never set the sag on this sled yet to get the skid set to my liking,just one of those things that seems to get overlooked.The stock springs capability as far as weight carrying capacity is one of the specs I was searching for.Most stock springs are good for people in the 185/190 to 250ish range but I have yet to see that piece of info.

Interesting on the springs i have a 2020 srx and i weigh around 210 with gear on and i found them too soft and bottoming out on the softest setting and i changed to setting 2 and it rides much better with out bottoming. Also have a 2018 winder and it has to be on softest setting for my weight or i find it too stiff as well, i have the srx springs on the front to lower and might change the rear ones as well.

Interesting on the springs i have a 2020 srx and i weigh around 210 with gear on and i found them too soft and bottoming out on the softest setting and i changed to setting 2 and it rides much better with out bottoming. Also have a 2018 winder and it has to be on softest setting for my weight or i find it too stiff as well, i have the srx springs on the front to lower and might change the rear ones as well.
I am similar weight to you with gear and I have bottomed out my 17 LTX SE pretty hard over big bumps with the stock torsion springs set to #2. I was considering going to the SRX torsion springs because they have more sit-in sag but are a stiffer spring rate so they should be stiffer deep into the travel.

I'm not the original owner of the sled and can not confirm that the springs have not been changed.I will have to dig out my calipers and measure the wire size to make sure the stock springs are in the sled.I have bottomed the skid out over some bumps but there's a lot of setup to do with this skid yet.I am headed out Saturday for my last ride of this season so I may try another bumps on the preload cam to see how the sled rides.

I'm not the original owner of the sled and can not confirm that the springs have not been changed.I will have to dig out my calipers and measure the wire size to make sure the stock springs are in the sled.I have bottomed the skid out over some bumps but there's a lot of setup to do with this skid yet.I am headed out Saturday for my last ride of this season so I may try another bumps on the preload cam to see how the sled rides.
Maybe your shocks have leaked out the nitrogen , and need a recharge and a shrader valve and new cap ?

Back