• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2" lug track

Nytro77

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha nytro
Ok so I know this may be an old topic on the size of this track but I really got a good deal on a 2" lug track. I did the research and I know I will have to either notch the track or remove the cooler protectors. I've done track changes on nytros before so I' m a little mechanically inclined. My question is do I really have to run extroverts I'm not an extreme rider just like dipping off the trail sometimes in the pow! will the track ratchet with just the stocks ones on? I know extroverts will obviously be better just don't want to fool around with it.

Last edited:

When I did the 2" lug on mine I went with the extroverts... Only reason I did was because I got a great deal on them...Try it with the stock drivers.. Guys say you should and in 2010 they installed extroverts on the sled from the factory..

My 1.25" ripsaw ratcheted this season on hard hookups, or when landing off a little air time in the pow and hard on the throttle. My track tension is also on the tight side. If I go with a larger track it'll be getting extro's, just my $0.02

When I did the 2" lug on mine I went with the extroverts... Only reason I did was because I got a great deal on them...Try it with the stock drivers.. Guys say you should and in 2010 they installed extroverts on the sled from the factory..

Ya I was going to try it with stock drivers. No my nytro don't have extroverts thanks

My 1.25" ripsaw ratcheted this season on hard hookups, or when landing off a little air time in the pow and hard on the throttle. My track tension is also on the tight side. If I go with a larger track it'll be getting extro's, just my $0.02

Thanks

Which model Nytro is the topic of this thread? Reason I ask is because I have an XTX 1.75 and I would like to upgrade to a 2.0 this summer. I do not have tunnel protectors, but am
Still curious if I need to change or modify anything else on my sled to do so.

Which model Nytro is the topic of this thread? Reason I ask is because I have an XTX 1.75 and I would like to upgrade to a 2.0 this summer. I do not have tunnel protectors, but am
Still curious if I need to change or modify anything else on my sled to do so.

I have the 2010 model your model should be fine to upgrade.

So no need for a change in gearing, no need for new extroverts, and the latest model 2.0 challenger will fit no problem?

Back