• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2000 Vmax 500 Ski Options

x2thez

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper LTX
2009 Yamaha Vector LTX
1987 Yamaha Bravo
I recently bought my son a 2000 VMax 500 and it came with USI SS Railer skis. I am sure these are great performance skis, but for a 10 year old it makes things quite difficult to steer. I was thinking about putting a ski from an RX / RS, but I was not sure if they would fit. Does anyone have experience with this chassis and those updated skis?

The reason I am thinking that ski is because I would put SnowTrackers on them. I have them on every other sled I own and they work great.

Any thoughts or assistance you can provide is appreciated.

I recently bought my son a 2000 VMax 500 and it came with USI SS Railer skis. I am sure these are great performance skis, but for a 10 year old it makes things quite difficult to steer. I was thinking about putting a ski from an RX / RS, but I was not sure if they would fit. Does anyone have experience with this chassis and those updated skis?

The reason I am thinking that ski is because I would put SnowTrackers on them. I have them on every other sled I own and they work great.

Any thoughts or assistance you can provide is appreciated.
Will bolt on but it will be 1.5” lower due to not having a riser spot on the ski.

x2 on what MrSled said. i did it on a sx500r for more flotation on the front. sled handled like slot car in the trails.

if you want to keep the front at stock height, look for a set of sr viper or sidewinder skis as they are taller than the sx viper/rx 1/vector stock skis. the tuners work on that sled pretty dang good as i put the set that came on my 16 xtx onto a 97 sx 700 and loved them on that sled.

Can also add Viper spindles and bushing like I did on my sons sled.

Back