• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007Attak, misses at idle-stalls

polarisconvert

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Yamaha RX1
Ted Jennety Clutching, jetting, air box mod.
Arctic Cat Z1 Turbo 128" Rear Suspension
128" Hacksaw 1" track.
Heated seat
My sled jus turn 6k miles on a U.P trip two weeks ago. We had a low of -7 with a high of 6 degrees. We also had a lot of snow on the ground and snowed 14" while we were there. On the third morning it started and was missing a little with a code 20 flashing. I looked up the code and it had to do with air intake sensor of some sort. I pulled the hood and unhooked the sensor on the left side of the air box and hooked it hooked it back up. I turned on the key and started the sled. The code was gone and the sled run normal almost all day. At the end of the day we had stopped for about 15 mins. When i started it up it was missing with no codes. . Just off idle the miss goes away. Off idle it runs completely normal with no misses, smooth and pulls hard. When back at idle it would miss, idle low and die. I would have to give it a little gas to get it to run again. I have it home now and it is much warmer here. When starting it to get it out of the trailer I had to give it a little gas but run much better than when up north. I took if for a little spin out back and it did not miss at idle and did not stall. I started to think that maybe it had to do with the cold temps and heavy snow. I let it set for about 15 mins and tried to start it and I had to hold the gas open a little. When it started it idled normal. I pulled the air box, coils and plugs. Everything looks normal. Plugs were light brown and all the same. Any thoughts?

Yes, seen this happen before. There was ice on the nipple of the atmospheric pressure sensor. On the particular sled I was working on, the left tie rod boot was out of place allowing snow and ice in, which is where the sensor is.

The barometric sensor is down under the steering gate assembly by the nose of the sled. You were plugging and unplugging the air temp sensor. As stated it was probably frozen with snow.

Back