• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 FX Nytro Top Speed - Actual Results

unchained

Expert
99-101 on a long, hard packed road for miles is ALL mine will pull at 9 grand on the dreamometer. Im unstudded too but wonder if raising the straps to holes an increasing the ski pressure has cost me a couple mph?? I knew I would loose road races but not a Poo IQ 600 and getting destroyed by a ZR 9 and 7 and also beat by a waaaaay geared down REV 800 powertek.
Turk or anyone have the gearing trial and error testing done yet?

I actually wonder if gearing up would even improve acceleration as it sort of feels flat like its revving and not pulling in the mid-range at times as well.....

You might gain 3-4 mph by gearing up. I got 96 mph stock gearing, hammertime weights with a 1.5 freeride track. These are not top end sleds. I will be gearing up but not for a while yet.

Turk said:
You might gain 3-4 mph by gearing up. I got 96 mph stock gearing, hammertime weights with a 1.5 freeride track. These are not top end sleds. I will be gearing up but not for a while yet.

Do they make a 15" wide freeride ?? must get one !

I will be gearing mine up this weekend to 1 tooth on the top and a 70 link chain... 99 mph on long pulls I will let you know the results once I get it all set!!

The freeride is 14 wide but it sure hooks hard & fits fine. Nytro has unreal holeshot with that track.

For the record, the FX_nytro is supposed to run in the 6-7 hundred class when raceing. So loseing to a 600 iq is not that bad. We'll see what comes up and how it goes. These are NOT race track sleds, but they hole shot like a sob.

Hope this helps, in any small way it can.

With stock clutching out of the box my Nitro ran consistant 104-105 @ 9200( 97-98 gps). To date I have had NO problem going topend with the new 08 600 Polaris or Doo. ( This is with the 2 speed Heelclicker setup ) I also test against the new 700 Polaris switcher and to date giving him fits coming by him like a freight train after 200 feet.

Heres what one of my Polaris testing partners had to say on another forum while arguing about a upcoming race with the Nitro in 600 class................

""Wrong, the Nytro will easliy win the 600 class, not only will a Polaris 600 not be competitive with it, nor will any other brand's 600. We've been testing all winter and it's easy to see that the Nytro should be raced in the 700 class. Did you say summer? Try one on snow, it easily beats anybody elses 600. Hell, we were out today and it is only a length or two behind a new 08 800 Ski Doo in 660'. Yamaha built a great little sled and I enjoy riding one, but it should be placed in the 700 class. ""

Guess my Nitros thrown a scare into him..........figure??

First of all Im not whining about loosing to all of the above mentioned sleds. I (again) said I knew I wasnt buying a lake racer. Im just saying with 138 hp and 525 lbs (old srx 700 basicaly), can I please get more than 95 (gps) with gearing or is the stock clutching not fully shifting out? I think topgun answered my question and if Mr. Sled is getting 99 than my sled is probably running to its current potential. I have just noticed a few threads on here about pepes seeing speeds closer to 110 and wondered if mine was an odd ball??

Im yanking my stock ripsaw and putting on a 128 x 1 x 15 hack with 153 studs today and figured I would do some gearing while Im in there depending on the responses here.

unchained said:
First of all Im not whining about loosing to all of the above mentioned sleds. I (again) said I knew I wasnt buying a lake racer. Im just saying with 138 hp and 525 lbs (old srx 700 basicaly), can I please get more than 95 (gps) with gearing or is the stock clutching not fully shifting out? I think topgun answered my question and if Mr. Sled is getting 99 than my sled is probably running to its current potential. I have just noticed a few threads on here about pepes seeing speeds closer to 110 and wondered if mine was an odd ball??

Im yanking my stock ripsaw and putting on a 128 x 1 x 15 hack with 153 studs today and figured I would do some gearing while Im in there depending on the responses here.

Yup, I'm almost to the point of giving up trying to improve it for topend. Even with the clickers I have not quite 1/8 of an inch of primary left but only seeing 101 on the speedo. But the sled is violent in 660 and does that REAL fast . I've put my 144 on now so the mph will probably be forever gone for me now so I guess a new clutching asignment is in my future when I get the sled back out.
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7419212

Mike, how did it effect handling. I have that track on my Phazer and love it but it is a bit tippy

Ulmer Racing Gear Testing said:
Test 1
Clutching: OEM Yamaha
Gearing & Chain: 21/39 – 68 Link
MPH 1000’: 86.5
MPH 1500’: 90.2
RPM Snow: 8,500
RPM Hard Pack: 8,800

Test 2
Clutching: Ulmer Racing Stage 1
Gearing & Chain: 21/39 – 68 Link
MPH 1000’: 90.2
MPH 1500’: 94.9
RPM Snow: 8,550
RPM Hard Pack: 8,750

Test 3
Clutching: Same as Test 2
Gearing & Chain: 22/39 – 70 Link
MPH 1000’: 93.0
MPH 1500’: 97.7
RPM Snow: 8,500
RPM Hard Pack: 8,700

Test 4
Clutching: Same as Test 2
Gearing & Chain: 22/38 – 68 Link
MPH 1000’: 93.9
MPH 1500’: 98.6
RPM Snow: 8,470
RPM Hard Pack: 8,640

Test 5
Clutching: Ulmer Racing Stage 1 (lightened tip weight to maintain RPM)
Gearing & Chain: 23/39 – 70 Link
MPH 1000’: 93.8
MPH 1500’: 98.6
RPM Snow: 8,550
RPM Hard Pack: 8,750

A little information that I obtained in testing Friday morning. I weigh 174 lbs with the gear I had on and the wrenches I had shoved in my pockets so use that as your baseline. Most anyone can go 22/39 (uses 70 link chain) and see the benefit without losing very little (if any) low end performance (even with OEM clutching). For those that are lighter and ride more wide open groomed trail 22/38 (uses stock 68 link chain) will work great without losing very little (if any) low end performance (will need slight clutch tweaking). For those Canadian guys who ride really wide open trails and especially if you're lighter weight and worried about top end go 23/39 (uses 70 link chain), but you will have to adjust clutching as you will be giving up a little low end punch.

Nice Allen, begs the question why all the fuss on supposedly fast Nytro's reving at 9000+

funny, box stock at shoot out the sled was running 95 in 1320 ft. if I remember correctly. So I would say you have a dog lol

orange said:
funny, box stock at shoot out the sled was running 95 in 1320 ft. if I remember correctly. So I would say you have a dog lol

Different condition's.
They hardly run on snow there that's why the speeds are higher then on snow.Snow robs hp.

Back