• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 FX Nytro Top Speed - Actual Results

09 Nytro XTX.........128mph in approx 1300' on ice. I'm running an McXpress Turbo in full trail mode. Now I need a set of extrovert drivers because the stock drivers just can't take the power.

billymx815 said:
SledFreak said:
Did 114 today on plowed road, but it had 3-4" of fluff on it, so it was holding me back at bit. It's got more yet...

115mph is my goal number...What mods do you have?

Same as you, but Full Excell system

SledFreak said:
billymx815 said:
SledFreak said:
Did 114 today on plowed road, but it had 3-4" of fluff on it, so it was holding me back at bit. It's got more yet...

115mph is my goal number...What mods do you have?

Same as you, but Full Excell system

How many miles on your sled? Maybe I should wait till i'm broken in before assuming I wont be at the 9200rpm range...

w8nfsnow said:
09 Nytro XTX.........128mph in approx 1300' on ice. I'm running an McXpress Turbo in full trail mode. Now I need a set of extrovert drivers because the stock drivers just can't take the power.

Nice speed there eh! I know we can get alot more out of these Nytros going turbo but that's not an option for everyone (expensive)... ;)!

SledFreak said:
1100 miles.

How many miles do you consider a sled broken in? I've heard as little as 1st 150miles to as much as 1500miles. I tend to believe its on the lower side because of the quality and tight tolerances in todays engine production...But :dunno: for sure.

billymx815 said:
SledFreak said:
1100 miles.

How many miles do you consider a sled broken in? I've heard as little as 1st 150miles to as much as 1500miles. I tend to believe its on the lower side because of the quality and tight tolerances in todays engine production...But :dunno: for sure.

IMO, these engines really 2000+ to see full potential. You will notice a difference @the 100-300 mile mark as far as RPM is concerned. At the 1000-1200 miles mark, you will notice it to be alot faster on top end, then it was at 300 miles, but I believe that is really the chassis breakin in. At 2000+ miles is where the motor seems to be good and loose.

Thanks SledFreak...I wouldn't have guessed that high. I'm going to wait then before screwing with clutch & gears to see what I've got. On a short WOT I've got 106mph gps and there's more in there...I think! Don't no if there is 115mph but will see...Of course I am a fat #$%&* (250lbs) w/gear so maybe a cheap mod would be to shave 10-20lbs of the rider...LMAO

SledFreak said:

Wiked...GPS or Speedo....cant wait to try my sled out....been busy here

Daranello said:
SledFreak said:

GPS 110... But, I will tell you this, that I ran side by side with my buddies D&D ported/head/pipe/y-pipe/air intake/bookdocker/clutched with 1" track and 202 1.450 studs to my 114 studs. Starting at a roll on @30-40mph and we were dead even until we both let off @114 because we were both starting to get sucked into a snow bank on each side of the road. I will note that his drivers were skipping when at the beginning of the race and he said at around 80mph (which I thought was weird), but the Nytro was dead even and actually ahead by a ski loop. Like I said we were pushing 3" of powder on the road, which was causing the track to lift and float the sled. I would like to race him from a dead stop with a few adjustments to the suspension, because that is where the Nytro shines. I know he will beat me on top end, but I believe it will be closer then he thinks.... We raced probably 1/2 a mile...

P.S. I still think I can tweak my clutching some more to get it better..

SledFreak said:
Daranello said:
SledFreak said:

GPS 110... But, I will tell you this, that I ran side by side with my buddies D&D ported/head/pipe/y-pipe/air intake/bookdocker/clutched with 1" track and 202 1.450 studs to my 114 studs. Starting at a roll on @30-40mph and we were dead even until we both let off @114 because we were both starting to get sucked into a snow bank on each side of the road. I will note that his drivers were skipping when at the beginning of the race and he said at around 80mph (which I thought was weird), but the Nytro was dead even and actually ahead by a ski loop. Like I said we were pushing 3" of powder on the road, which was causing the track to lift and float the sled. I would like to race him from a dead stop with a few adjustments to the suspension, because that is where the Nytro shines. I know he will beat me on top end, but I believe it will be closer then he thinks.... We raced probably 1/2 a mile...

That the same speeds I was getting last year...............

NoW this year with my MODS and 50lbs weight lost>>>I cant wait to see what this baby will do

Daranello...you'll probably bounce the rev limiter now...coooool

Daranello said:
SledFreak said:
Daranello said:
SledFreak said:

That the same speeds I was getting last year...............

NoW this year with my MODS and 50lbs weight lost>>>I cant wait to see what this baby will do

Daranello, My sleds hauls good, and I know there is more in it for top end, but I'm not sure if it's much more then what you got last year. I think I can pull 115 on GPS, which will be about 120 on the speedo... I believe though you will have to be really good with the clutches to get the big number you are looking for. But I will tell you it's gets to top end in a hurry....

Rayman5271 said:
Rain and 35+ temps made the past two weeks interesting. After getting the lake to drain and back in good condition... testing continued. I'm finding that the nytros are a lot more different than expected. I have been testing setups on two different nytros, that are identical besides exhaust manufacturers and I am seeing crazy differences. Putting these D&F weights on a sled and running any proven setup works, but in order to really take advantage of these weights you must find what your sled likes and secondary clutching to match it. I have been running trail setups and am seeing 114-115gps consistently on the ice track, I think this is the wall I was hoping to hit... if anyone finds similar or better results let me know and we can compare clutching... time to ride.

Rayman, what is your setup you are using for your D&F's?

98 mph on speedo so far. still climbin, but had to slow down cuz i didnt want to run out of road. can't wait till the summer to go to schmidt bros clutch kit and play with the gearing

Back