• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 FX Nytro Top Speed - Actual Results

96 mph speedo with 20 top gear....didnt try with 21 top gear but most i could get last year was 102 with the 21.....this year I planed the heads and ported it myself and opened the stock exhaust.

Top speed

I got 108 on the speedo so i assume 100+ actual 2008 RTX all stock with ultra Q.

I have more on top than my buddies 08 F8 and his 07 F1000, that thing runs like crap, LOL.

unchained said:
First of all Im not whining about loosing to all of the above mentioned sleds. I (again) said I knew I wasnt buying a lake racer. Im just saying with 138 hp and 525 lbs (old srx 700 basicaly), can I please get more than 95 (gps) with gearing or is the stock clutching not fully shifting out? I think topgun answered my question and if Mr. Sled is getting 99 than my sled is probably running to its current potential. I have just noticed a few threads on here about pepes seeing speeds closer to 110 and wondered if mine was an odd ball??

Im yanking my stock ripsaw and putting on a 128 x 1 x 15 hack with 153 studs today and figured I would do some gearing while Im in there depending on the responses here.
We just raced my boys 08 rtx nytro on hard pack pond,about 1500 feet max,both his nytro and my 08 fst turbo,both ran 103-104 gps,and his is all stock,rpms were 9050 or so.

mnmsnowbeast said:
unchained said:
First of all Im not whining about loosing to all of the above mentioned sleds. I (again) said I knew I wasnt buying a lake racer. Im just saying with 138 hp and 525 lbs (old srx 700 basicaly), can I please get more than 95 (gps) with gearing or is the stock clutching not fully shifting out? I think topgun answered my question and if Mr. Sled is getting 99 than my sled is probably running to its current potential. I have just noticed a few threads on here about pepes seeing speeds closer to 110 and wondered if mine was an odd ball??

Im yanking my stock ripsaw and putting on a 128 x 1 x 15 hack with 153 studs today and figured I would do some gearing while Im in there depending on the responses here.
We just raced my boys 08 rtx nytro on hard pack pond,about 1500 feet max,both his nytro and my 08 fst turbo,both ran 103-104 gps,and his is all stock,rpms were 9050 or so.

I've got most of the same mods on here as the other guys seeing 105-112mph Yet I'm only seeing 94-96mph. Not sure why, althought I know my sled isn't broken in yet with only 912mile and these things are known to come alive somewhere between 1000-2000miles. I've come to the conclusion that she just may not see 100+ without a gear change and clutching. But I would hate to lose the low & mid range power I'm getting now. They just aren't designed for top speed...Look at the lack of aerodynamics and the attack angle etc...They are made for holeshots and ditchbanging. I suppose for those that have more $ than they know what to do with they can get the best of both worlds from these puppie but for me that's not an option... ;)!

Ran my new xtx that is completely stock other than tinkering with some clutching and gearing at a 2000ft nbssr event it did 107.4 mph with 310 km on the sled and a 255lbs rider! They're may be a little more In it we will see next weekend.

Did a ride across alot of trails that crossed wide open trails this last weekend. Hit 107 on the speedo (best speed yet), and it seemed to have more, just coming up to the end of the field so had to let off. Sled is stock. There were 700's and 800's with me that couldn't keep up!

102 MPH according to my speedometer. 2010 Nytro XTX completely stock running original belt. 98.3 MPH confirmed by my handlebar mounted Garmin GPS. My sled pretty much hangs side-by-side with the new Ski-doo 800's and Polaris switchback 800's so I have nothing to complain about. Plus, they get nervous about holding the flipper wide open for more than 20 seconds so I always pull ahead at some point. ;)!

Ran a 2012 mxz 800 e-tec today on the trail from a rolling start at 20mph, we stayed even then i went by him on the top end after clutches did a full shift out. My speedo was showing 104mph when i passed him. Stock nytro.

1nc 2000 said:
Ran a 2012 mxz 800 e-tec today on the trail from a rolling start at 20mph, we stayed even then i went by him on the top end after clutches did a full shift out. My speedo was showing 104mph when i passed him. Stock nytro.

Interesting, as I have two buddies with the same sled stock and I find the opposite. The 800 E-TEC clearly has a higher top end. I can pull him in a drag race up to 600 feet, then they will pull me and I have mods. Our sled basically hangs around 100mph GPS and the E-TEC runs 107 to 111.

Apex2006 said:
1nc 2000 said:

Interesting, as I have two buddies with the same sled stock and I find the opposite. The 800 E-TEC clearly has a higher top end. I can pull him in a drag race up to 600 feet, then they will pull me and I have mods. Our sled basically hangs around 100mph GPS and the E-TEC runs 107 to 111.

I find the sme thing...I modded pretty heavily and have trouble with the Doo 800s after 600ft ( at least with my current set up of gearing/clutching ). Either something was wrong with that Etec that 1nc2000 ran or it was a 600. On paper alone the Etech 800 should slaughter a Nytro ( especially a stock one )...440lb (dry) sled makeing a 160hp vs a 550lb (dry) sled making 138ish hp....something doesn't add up in that race.

I thought they were a lot faster on top end too. We stopped an bs'd after we ran and he said his track was fully studded and that probably took some top end away from him. My track is not studded. Yes my nytro will pull 104 on a groomed trail stock. Maybe his sled has something wrong with it.

2008 rtx with all the mods listed, stock clutching hit 102 on the dreamometer last week. never hit 99 before my mods.

106 speedo with a 1.5 crossover track....

w8nfsnow said:
09 Nytro XTX.........128mph in approx 1300' on ice. I'm running an McXpress Turbo in full trail mode. Now I need a set of extrovert drivers because the stock drivers just can't take the power.

What did it run prior to the Turbo. I miss the legs from my Apex but trying to justify the turbo. I can barely break the 100MPH mark....

Back