• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Fx Nytro Track suggestions?

DGrabnar

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro
Anyone have any suggestions for the best track out there for the money? Currently looking at a Camoplast intense 121 x 1.5 x 15. for $500. Any reviews on this track? Mostly trail riding with some new snow and no studs.
Any thoughts and/or input would be appreciated.
Thanks

I have a Ripsaw2 with the 1-1/4" lug. I absolutely love it but when off-trail I sometimes wish it had a deeper lug. I don't run studs and it hooks up like crazy on-trail.

This has been discussed many times so doing a search will give some good info.

If it's time to replace the track I would at the very least extend it out to a 128" with a 4" rail extensions or skid relocate. A skid relocate works better due to the improved approach angle but both methods are a big improvement over a stock 121". In most cases a 128" track is priced the same as a 121" so the only additional cost would be in the skid modification to accommodate the longer track . I prefer a prestudded track like the Ice Ripper or Ice Attack for the trails but they are pricey. The Tracks USA 128" Ice Attack and rail extensions package costs about $745 and the same track with a skid relocate instead of the rail extensions would be about the same. I don't think the Intense comes in a 128" version.

As usual, Grizztracks is right again! I extended mine to 136" with rail extensions only. I regret not going for the Star relocate kit. These machines do trench in deep snow and the relocate helps with that. If I had to do it over again, I would've done the relocate kit. Good luck.

I changed tracks last summer from a Ripsaw to an Ice Attack 1.22 (pre studded). Track handles awesome. My only regret I could have extended the rail a bit while it was apart and did not.

MS

Thanks for the info guys I'm sticking with the 121 as I didn't have problem and had a blast riding it on the ripsaw, just wish to do a little more off trail too

I am riding an 08 121 RTX. I put on the 1.5" intense track 3 seasons ago and love it. I do plan on a 128 relocate when I get this track used up.

I am riding an 08 121 RTX. I put on the 1.5" intense track 3 seasons ago and love it. I do plan on a 128 relocate when I get this track used up.

Did you have to remove you front tunnel protector (or any of them)? and also are you running studs?

image.jpg
No torn or missing lugs. No tear outs or broken studs. It's in excellent condition. 144 studs. $475.

Did you have to remove you front tunnel protector (or any of them)? and also are you running studs?

I had to remove the protectors on the front heat exchanger to clear. I am not running studs on trails I don't need them with this track, but last winter without much snow icy corners were more of a factor but not a problem.

Back