• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 yamaha nytro exhaust bolts help

I wouldn't run it knowing they are bad. You don't want the extra heat under the gas tank for safety reasons. Also, loose clamps and flanges can eventually cause damage to the expensive flex pipes and header.

Mine are gone I can move the clamps with my hand I was thinking just take them off for now and run it for the rest of the season
BUT like you said my not be good just don't want to open anothing can of warms trying to get them 2 bolts out

Mine are gone I can move the clamps with my hand I was thinking just take them off for now and run it for the rest of the season
BUT like you said my not be good just don't want to open anothing can of warms trying to get them 2 bolts out
I'm a novice tinkerer and it was very painless. Soak the bolts and like grizz said use a hammer driver.

I changed mine in about a hour. It is a easy job if you plan it out before you dig in. Use the impact like Grizz stated is the key. If you don't have go buy one, you will be surprised at how many times you use it in your shop for just about everything you own. Some of the best advise my granddad gave me 25 yrs ago. ;)!

Well no luck getting them out tried everything that was talked about here now head's striped out
I just don't know what to do out side of drilling them out

And after reading though here someone said that after they got the bolts out they couldn't pull the exhaust Bach to get the new dounut in
can anyone confirm that

Last edited:
Worst case scenario is you'll have to pull the flex pipes. Extra 5 minutes, no biggie. I've heard that some guys can get them on by massaging the joints enough to slide the new do-nuts on. I pulled my flex pipes.

I could,not squeeze my flex pipes back enough to get new donuts in. I removed the flex pipes, the bolts came out easily, and made the job 10 times easier.

If you can get a helping hand, one person can squeeze the flex pipes enough to shorten them while the other slides the donuts in. This is how I did it. Easy.

I could see that working, I was solo and couldn't do both.

If bolts turn out its still easier to just remove flex pipes.

You know was looking at them last night and was thinking if that could be done
I was afraid of braking them lol

Soak them with penetrating oil overnight, mine came out easy. Use good antiseeze when reassembling for future work if needed.

Ok got them out happy day all went back together nicely So now I have a peace not sure what it is or were it goes
hopefully someone can tell me

Attachments

• 20150123_171753.jpg
    20150123_171753.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 91
That is a wire guide that goes on the rear of the fuel tank. It holds the brake light wire over the back of the fuel tank.

Ok thanks but when I was taking the right side panel (if you're sitting on the sled) that's where it came from

Back