• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 yamaha nytro exhaust bolts help

That is for the brake light wire and it goes on the right side over one of the studs of the muffler heat shield. The one rooster is talking about looks different, it has a curve in it, but for the same purpose.

That is for the brake light wire and it goes on the right side over one of the studs of the muffler heat shield. The one rooster is talking about looks different, it has a curve in it, but for the same purpose.

The tail light wires run down the right side of the tank. There is no cable clamp like that on the heat shield. Clamps like that are used in a few different places. There is a similar one that holds the fuel line on top of the fuel pump but I fairly certain that one goes on the right rear fuel tank stud and hold the tail light wire in place. It's not a big deal and shouldn't hurt anything.

Sorry that was a bad picture here's a better one

Attachments

• 20150123_205345.jpg
    20150123_205345.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 128
That is for the right rear of the tank like I said. If you put it on the stud with the two arm facing the tank you will see how it will hold the wire against the tank. You will notice the wires will already be formed to the position.

Grizz, there is a very similar clamp to the one in his picture on the right side of the sled that goes over one of the studs for the muffler heat shield. I remember this as I just had my sled apart to replace my donuts this summer.

The second picture is much better, but still looks like it could be the clamp that goes where I mentioned. If you pull the seat back off and you have the tank clamp in place then you'll know for sure which clamp it is.

Reference part number 9

http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/5003c4c9f8700212fc8425b4/taillight

Last edited:
Correct, I missed the fact that you said "muffler heat shield". I was thinking you were referring to the heat shield under the tank because the discussion is about the exhaust donuts. Like I said, there are several similar cable clamps throughout the sled.

Thanks all for your input helped a lot sleds all back together and sound much better doesn't sound like a bag of wrenches under the seat

im replaceing the exhaust donuts and putting excell headers on. i have the headers loose but i cant seem to get them to slip off the mounting bracket under the seat. i was thinking of drilling the rivets that hold the mount on. cause i do want to pull the fllex pipe off the motor just cause i dont want to strip the bolts. what should i do?

im replaceing the exhaust donuts and putting excell headers on. i have the headers loose but i cant seem to get them to slip off the mounting bracket under the seat. i was thinking of drilling the rivets that hold the mount on. cause i do want to pull the fllex pipe off the motor just cause i dont want to strip the bolts. what should i do?
Just read the first few posts on this thread. It discusses this problem. It's remove the flex pipes or drill out the rivets. I drilled the out, some guys are lucky enough to be able to push the header forward to release it from the bracket. Good luck!

It slides to the front to come off the bracket, not to the rear like you would think. You may need to pull the flex pipes to get it free. My pipe broke back at the Y. I had to pull the flex pipes to get it out.

Back