• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 iron dog sleds

Looks good...do you have concerns about the rear idler wheel - can it be replaced with aluminum?

Iron dog sleds

We run gauntlets ( Arctic Cat Brand ) . Rear Wheels have been holding up great. The Aluminum ones have a little narrower bearing, the plastic ones are a little wider and have more rubber on them for Cushing.
Stock skis are fine, the key is the wear bar, We run 8 inch stud boy deuce bars.
The trail tank vent we run the vent line a little higher, up around the steering column,

09 iron dog sleds

couple more pic's

Attachments

• d1.JPG
    d1.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 87
  • d2.JPG
    d2.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 113
  • d3.JPG
    d3.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 94
  • d4.JPG
    d4.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 78
  • d5.JPG
    d5.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 84
  • d6.JPG
    d6.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 72
  • d7.JPG
    d7.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 79
  • d8.JPG
    d8.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 100
  • d9.JPG
    d9.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 81
Good Luck Yamaha.
For the rest of us:
Race starts today- first out at 11:00 and last out by 12:08
Three Yamaha teams, Nine Polaris teams, Nine Ski-Doo teams and Fourteen Arctic Cat teams.

Good luck and keep us posted on results.One question,why do the racers wear open-face helmets instead of the sno-cross style helmets?

Open face helmets with goggles and a roost guard are warmer than motocross helmets.

Nytro 23 passed me on the river, as did a bunch of teams. Visibility was poor in ice fog and the temps were about -5*F where we were. Tonight's gonna get cold. Most of the boys will be in McGrath on the other side of the Alaska Range tonight. There's a whole lot of nothing out there.

Trail class went out Friday to find 12-15" of new snow. I bet the hill up to Puntilla was a treat. For the rest of us? The rivers were a friggin blast this weekend. Plenty of snow and temps above zero. Too much fun.

SB

Oppps I wasn't paying attention...
GOOD LUCK TO TEAMS 23, 27, 32 AND 42

2009 PRO CLASS RACERS

23 Finkenbinder Travis Trapper Creek, AK Yamaha FX Nytro 1050 Rookie
23 Niver Mark Wasilla, AK Yamaha FX Nytro 1050 Veteran

27 Fuller Michael Anchorage, AK Yamaha FX Nytro 1050 Rookie
27 Kinn Edvin Anchorage, AK Yamaha FX Nytro 600 Rookie

32 Downs Chris Ninilchik, AK Yamaha FX Nytro 1050 Veteran
32 Swanson Ryan Kenai, AK Yamaha FX Nytro 1050 Veteran

2009 Recreational CLASS Racers

42 Say William Eagle River, AK Yamaha Attack GT 1000 Rookie
42 Say Kevin Eagle River, AK Yamaha Attack GT 1000 Rookie

:yam:

06R

Found this pic from the start of the race. :flag:

Sadly, reports show that Team 23 left the McGrath checkpoint after an 11 hr layover this morning a 9:43 AM only to return at 10:38 AM. They are now reported to have left McGrath at 12:51 PM.

Regarding layovers, each team has to accrue 28 hours of layover before reaching Nome, they must do it in three different locations and each layover has to be a minimum of 6 hours. I'm not sure but I believe any 'wrench time' has to be done 'on the clock'.

I know I should be working but this is fascinating: http://irondog.org/race_coverage/results/pro-race.php

Attachments

• Go 23.jpeg
    Go 23.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 72
4 teams are in Nome. 1108 miles across nowhere in under 22 hours, and they're only half way there. This trail IS NOT GROOMED!

That's averaging over 50 mph. Impressive.

The wind chill in Unalakleet this norning was -51F. Fun.

After a mandatory 24 hour layover the fast half of the race starts.

SB

stewartb said:
Open face helmets with goggles and a roost guard are warmer than motocross helmets.

Nytro 23 passed me on the river, as did a bunch of teams. Visibility was poor in ice fog and the temps were about -5*F where we were. Tonight's gonna get cold. Most of the boys will be in McGrath on the other side of the Alaska Range tonight. There's a whole lot of nothing out there.

Trail class went out Friday to find 12-15" of new snow. I bet the hill up to Puntilla was a treat. For the rest of us? The rivers were a friggin blast this weekend. Plenty of snow and temps above zero. Too much fun.

SB

It depicts Travis driving a 600 skidoo and Mark on a Nytro in the team info section were you view the GPS tracking?? Does anyone know if this is an error or is Travis using a DOO? IF so why is that?

Back