• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro MTX clutch

Nielv

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2004 RX1
trying to freshen up everything. So went to pull primary and pulled bolt, put clutch puller in and completely tightenEd, nothing. So decided to back it out and now puller bolt won't come out, completely. It shows about an inch of thread and just spins. Don't know what to do. Thanks for any help you can provide. Also, I think it is the correct puller because I used it on an 04 rx1.

I also tapped puller with hammer when it was all the way in. Nothing. Should I hit harder with hammer? Thank you

I always use copper paste on the puller so i don't rip the treads. You can hit it with a hammer but it aint good for the engine i would say. Mine has always popped off just by tightening the the puller.

I always use copper paste on the puller so i don't rip the treads. You can hit it with a hammer but it aint good for the engine i would say. Mine has always popped off just by tightening the the puller.
Thank you very much for your response. Another challenge I have is with primary still on, the puller will only back out about 80% of the way then it simply spins like its stripped. I have taken it to shop but hope it's not a serious issue.

I talked with dealer today. He used the word "catastrophic" which scared me. Anyhow, he said the clutch puller may have broken off and then mushroomed out as I was not able to remove the clutch puller, it would just spin. My buddy thinks we may have to cut the back half of primary to get off shaft. My blood pressure is define toy up. Thanks in advance for the help!

Get it to someone who knows a little more then the folks giving you advice. You should be able to save it. See your other post.

Back