• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro RTX questions

grubf

Pro
Hello all. Got lucky and sold my old ride last spring. Am seeing a lot of new Nytro RTX's for sale in low 7's. Am getting off an Apex and am seriously thinking of going with the smaller lighter Nytro. First question - what is GPS top end on a Nytro RTX? Does Yami or anyone else make a windshield that doesn't look dorky and actually works better than the stocker which looks useless? Does a stock Nytro with the 121 track spin all the time or should a person go longer? I mostly ride trails but I like to hook up. No matter how many studs I put in my 121 Apex it spun too much for my liking. Is the Nytro RTX a marked improvement over the non-RTX edition? Anything else anyone else can think of would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I can get my rtx to hook up really well. It has about 132 studs in it, and I way 230 pounds, no gear on, and if I lean back it will pull the skis off the ground and they won't come down til about 70. But it doesn't corner as well as it could when I have it set up like that. I'm going to a 136" track and 144 studs this year...but not for more hook up, I wanted to do better off trail in the deep stuff.

and my top speed on my rtx se is basically 100 mph on hardpack, thats the speedo reading tho...I've read here on ty that the xtx does over 110 gps

Your comparing apples to oranges. The Apex is a lake racer that is well suited for the nice long stretches of groomed trails. Thats where the Apex shines. The Nytro on the other hand isn't a top end sled, but has plenty of low to middle speed. It hooks up pretty good, especially with 144 down the middle like me. The harder you ride the Nytro in the nasty moguls, the better it handles. This sled was designed for the rough stuff and us sno X wanna-be. I ride my Nyrto standing up 75% if the time, as it's easier to lean into the corners and keep it planted.

Back