• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 vector ltx

gmartin625

could someone help me with setting up the suspension on a 2009 vector ltx for a 300lb person?

All I've done so far is put a heavier spring on the back shock. And the front shocks are almost tightned right down

I feel your best option would be to send the shocks out to revalved for your weight ! Now I know there's no time for that because you might have snow and want to ride. With the big boy spring in the back I would set your tunnel adjuster to full soft , then go about 10 clicks harder this will put you in about the middle . next I would set the Transfer bar to Minimum . there is a gauge on the spanner wrench in the tool kit. Pull limiter strap up one hole tighter. Align your skis to the track and toe them out 1/4-3/8" , I would ask you to loosen the front shock springs all the way loose until the spring can almost move up and down by hand then tighten one turn and set the locking collar. This will give you better handling. If it darts all over the place you can shim the ski rubbers under the spindle .
DGZRT

Last edited:
What issues are you trying to fix?
What are you looking for?
Ditch banging or trail cruising?
Plush ride or rail the corners?
We can help but need a little more info.

Mostly trail riding but I like to ride pretty hard! What does moving the strap up one notch do?

Ok. Do I need to take skid out to do it or can I do it while it's in?

Do it in. Get a floor jack under front of track near rail bend & jack it up some to compress front shock a little. This will make the strap(s) go loose so you can unbolt & go next hole tighter.

This is what I did for my buddy that in your weight class.
Big Boy 7.0 spring set on the second clip and halfway up the scale.
Had all three shocks rebuilt.
Set the transfer rod close to minimum.
Installed Snowtrackers to the stock skis.
Limiter strap in stock location.
Backed of front springs until A-arms were close to level.
It handles a lot better than stock and rails in the tight trails

Back