• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 nytro rtx

rich1374670x

I have a chance to buy a brand new leftover rtx from a dealer with a 1 year warranty. Having a tough time deciding what it is worth and if I want another yamaha. More concerned with what it is worth. I had a rx1 and a rs nytro. Completely different sleds compared to the nytro. I drove a fx once and all I remember is the seat was soft and bars were high. It was at a snodeo and was very brief. Other than what it is worth feel free to add anything on the handling or comparisons to other sleds. Currently driving a snopro 500. Thanks

What's the dealer want for it? In my opinion prices on used Nytros seem like they have dropped quite a bit with the Viper and the recent release of the Sidewinder. You'd definitely be happy with the power of the Nytro vs. the 500 but a lot past that really depends on how/where you ride.

What is one worth? I have other sleds that I ride but the sno pro is my main sled. Other sleds I own are 07 fx phazer that will be traded in, 02 zr800efi, 04 snopro440 with a 06 700efimotor, and a 98 mxzx. If I buy I would probably get rid of the 98 and 02 as well.
What does the sled handle like?

I am a 99% standing rider and have had no issues with either of my Nytros as far as handling. They are known to push and be a little tippy, i have fixed this with Bergstrom Carbides and Curve skis on the other sled, The Tippy feeling is not there to me but i do lean into every corner and am smooth into the throttle in the corners. My first reaction of your ride is that you wouldn't like it as you said it was like a rodeo. I ride mine like an ATV or Dirt Bike, lots of body/lean and standing to stay on top of the bumps.

As Far as Price, im in Michigan and the going price on a decent mileage Nytro is between 4500-6500 depending on year and miles/mods. I sold my 08 RTX for 5200 a year ago and feel that was a good price, if i was in the market for another RTX i would pay up towards 7 for one with warranty but i wanted an XTX so that's what i bought instead. The Dealer will want more than any other Nytro out there because its obviously new but if you are finding comparable sleds used with 1500 miles or less for a lot cheaper i would say its worth saving the money.

T
I am a 99% standing rider and have had no issues with either of my Nytros as far as handling. They are known to push and be a little tippy, i have fixed this with Bergstrom Carbides and Curve skis on the other sled, The Tippy feeling is not there to me but i do lean into every corner and am smooth into the throttle in the corners. My first reaction of your ride is that you wouldn't like it as you said it was like a rodeo. I ride mine like an ATV or Dirt Bike, lots of body/lean and standing to stay on top of the bumps.

As Far as Price, im in Michigan and the going price on a decent mileage Nytro is between 4500-6500 depending on year and miles/mods. I sold my 08 RTX for 5200 a year ago and feel that was a good price, if i was in the market for another RTX i would pay up towards 7 for one with warranty but i wanted an XTX so that's what i bought instead. The Dealer will want more than any other Nytro out there because its obviously new but if you are finding comparable sleds used with 1500 miles or less for a lot cheaper i would say its worth saving the money.
Did yamaha ever get the rear skid dialed in? The 07 nytro I had would not rebound over a series of bumps then bottom hard.

Personally I wouldn't pay anything over $7,000 out the door and that depends on the options package (track, shocks, etc.). You can buy a low mileage used Nytro with extras for less (in my area), so the only benefit you're really getting is the warranty. I even see low mileage Vipers in the $7-8,000 range. As long as the owner seems competent (changed oil, general service, etc.) and you give the sled a good look over I don't see the warranty providing much value. I enjoy my sled but the main reason is the torque and the fun factor that comes with it. It's a bit heavy, the fuel tank is undersized, and the suspension leaves some to be desired but I can log a lot of miles and not be worried about my motor leaving me stranded....

It has the fox floats with the two rezzis, one on top and one below. It's the rtx. He has been sitting on it for a while. Everybody wants the XTX model.

Attachments

• 00Q0Q_euV5oAJqNdr_600x450.jpg
    00Q0Q_euV5oAJqNdr_600x450.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 00Q0Q_cqIItqHjbtU_600x450.jpg
    00Q0Q_cqIItqHjbtU_600x450.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 76
T

Did yamaha ever get the rear skid dialed in? The 07 nytro I had would not rebound over a series of bumps then bottom hard.
I never had rebound issues with my RTX, but again i stand. the 07 is a completely different chassis so comparing is apples to oranges. the XTX sleds are known for not returning to "full rebound" but again, the XTX has a completely different suspension geometry.

Back