• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 Nytro XTX 1.75 Track Studding.

Studding 2013 Nytro xtx 1.75

• Options?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What works?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Terry Lindsay

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro xtx 1.75
I love the 1.75 track on my xtx...however spring trail conditions with lots of ice is a problem.
No traction is just too dangerous.
Yamaha says this model was not designed to be studded. Did not know that prior to buying sled.
Understand a Camoplast Ice Attack 1.22 can be installed.
Don't want to lose the lug height for deep snow and slush.
Has anyone attempted to stud the 1.75 track? If so what changes are needed to prevent heat exchanger damage?

I don't think you can you would have to run smaller drivers to get clearance from the front heat exchanger and you would have to lower the suspension mounts to give you clearance from the exhaust if you did all this then you would change to much and I don't think the sled would handle at all. If I were you I would do the ice attack. Or buy another sled to take on the icy condition days.

I don't think you can you would have to run smaller drivers to get clearance from the front heat exchanger and you would have to lower the suspension mounts to give you clearance from the exhaust if you did all this then you would change to much and I don't think the sled would handle at all. If I were you I would do the ice attack. Or buy another sled to take on the icy condition days.

Thanks for the reply.
Sounds like I'm not studding the 1.75.
My dealer tells me Camoplast Rep says they are working on a 1.5 and 1.75 pre studded track.
I would really like to keep as much lug height as possible but gain the advantage of traction.
See what happens. I'll post any changes and the results if I swap out tracks.

anything more that 1.5" studs and you are going to be asking for trouble. the nytro was never designed to be able to run the larger studs for longer than a snowcross race or 2

anything more that 1.5" studs and you are going to be asking for trouble. the nytro was never designed to be able to run the larger studs for longer than a snowcross race or 2

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware the sled was not designed to be studded when I bought it. Purchased it new from a dealer, would be a good policy for that info to be communicated when buyers are shopping.
I love the sled and enjoy the confidence the 1.75 track provides when off trail.
Have an extended grab bar and flotation plate which help in the deep stuff.
However once the trails ice up I've had to pass up on rides because of the lack of traction.
My buddies are all studded which dictates the pace of the ride. Last spring I encountered an iced up corner with no studs or traction ending up with a close and personal meeting with a spruce tree.
Damage was a bent A arm, however it could have been serious.
Took sled to dealer for repair and to be studded ....dealer calls to say it can't happen. So now I'm exploring my options.
Was hoping an ingenious owner had a solution.
Ice attack possibly.
I'll post a review of any change and results if it happens.

I was at the dealer today and he showed me a picture of a Cobra 1.6" track with studs right in it like the ice attack.....might be an option....more traction but low enough to not cause any damage....

I was at the dealer today and he showed me a picture of a Cobra 1.6" track with studs right in it like the ice attack.....might be an option....more traction but low enough to not cause any damage....

Thanks for the reply.
Yes that Cobra 1.6 could possibly be what I need, however it isn't available at this time in a 144.
Hoping Camoplast continues to expand the Ice Tech series.

I don't know if its any good or even possible but maybe you can run shorter studs that would not be as long as the track

I have an 1.5" camoplast crossover in great shape that I'd trade you for the backcountry 1.75". If you're interested, PM me.

I have an 1.5" camoplast crossover in great shape that I'd trade you for the backcountry 1.75". If you're interested, PM me.

Thanks for the offer. Waiting to see if Camoplast comes out with a 1.5 or 1.75 pre studded. My dealer says that is the rumour.
The 1.75 is awesome off trail. I spend a week in Temagami off trail where snow depth and slush require a track like the 1.75. I really don't want to lose the height profile. On the other hand No traction on icy trails could be deadly.
Hence my dilemma.

don't for get that even if you get a smaller lug track with studs, there is still no protectors on the front heat exchanger, or tunnel protectors for the exhaust and tunnel heat exchanger. Even pre-studded tracks with the lug studs pose the risk of damage when they balloon out.

don't for get that even if you get a smaller lug track with studs, there is still no protectors on the front heat exchanger, or tunnel protectors for the exhaust and tunnel heat exchanger. Even pre-studded tracks with the lug studs pose the risk of damage when they balloon out.

That makes sense. Yamaha advertises the 1.22 ice attack in the accessories for the xtx. Maybe tunnel protectors have to be installed as well.
I'll speak to dealer to get the word.
May have to shop for an additional nytro with studded track and protectors already in place.

the normal XTX comes with the 1.25" ripsaw track and all of the tunnel protectors, the XTX1.75 comes with the tunnel cooler installed and tunnel protectors removed in order to fit the larger track. The XTX 1.75 was meant for off trail use, while the standard XTX was more trail oriented.

I am planning on doing the 1.6 ice cobra, but after reading some other ice series tracks might be in the works I decided to email camoplast today.. here is the response..

Hi Tony

The highest lug with have in our ice series tracks is a 1.22 Ice Attak XT in the 2.52 drive and 128. We have nothing in the works for a higher lug track right now. All 1.6 cobra’s as you know are 2.86 with no plans of making them in 2.52. Have a good day.

John Robare

Sales Representative - Powersports
1 Martina Circle Plattsburgh N.Y 12901

Tel.: 518-562-4430 | Fax: 518-561-7651

john.robare@camoplastsolideal.com | www.camoplastsolideal.com

so I will be going with the 1.6 ice cobra.

Sad to hear that, I was thinking that 1.6 ice attack would be a good option for trail and off trail with studded traction. I will still plan the 1.75 BC. Sounds like it will still work well for 50/50 trail and off trail riding.

Back