• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 Nytro xtx Backcountry Heat Exchanger Interchange

jason22

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro
hi guys

I have a 2013 Nytro xtx Backcountry Supercharged. I am down sizing the track to a 1,22 ice ripper XT.
(not enough snow where I ride) i have purchased the tunnel protectors (used) off ebay.
Now the back country comes with auxiliary cooler in tunnel.
I m looking for the front tunnel heat exchanger with the tunnel proctors weld ed on ( dont think they come seperate that ive seen.)

My question is what years of heat exchangers will interchange with my sled?

now ive looked at yamaha parts catalogue. and the last 7 digits of part number are all the same from
2008-2014 every model. The only difference is the first 3 digits ( e.g. 8HA, 8GL)
My Yamaha dealer says they change first 3 digits only if they change something on the part itself.

Thank you
Jason

The 2008-2012 front heat exchanger should be the same with welded protector.

you do realize the sled is basically built around the heat exchanger right? It's quite a chore to replace it. Not impossible but definitely not a easy or small task.

Give him the old number and see if it's superseded. Also I'm pretty sure you could still get a ripsaw track factory without the rear heat exchanger for 13 and I would assume 14 as well.

You dont want to change a front heat exchanger unless you absolutely have to. You have do dismantle the whole sled pretty much. Pain in the #*$&@.

I assume you are not putting real studs in, just the ice ripper? If so, I dont think you will even need tunnel protectors.

If you really want protectors on the front exchanger, take the track, skid and driveshaft out. Take the whole sled to a tig welder and get him to weld them in.

Back