• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014-2015 Yellowknife Mileage Log

Yellowknife

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey folks;

Just wanted to post that we (finally) started riding today (for those of you that were wondering/have followed my previous season's threads) and the camera's are rolling and the Viper is running. I'm patiently waiting for the fuel mapping update and will bring you my own testing results as soon as possible. We're already into the -30's here so it shouldn't take me long to have testing results. On another note we will have a 2015 Polaris Axys 800 in the pack this season (not mine) and we'll follow its course closely for you. I should have a video up this coming week - and i'll post the link in this thread along with the rest of this season's video's per usual. Thanks to those of you that stuck with me thru my Viper troubles last year, here's hoping we'll have a better season this year! Stay safe!

Cheers,

YK

Glad to here you are at it again. I have followed you vids religiously. Love them. I hope you have a better season with the viper than last years. Getting cold here also. Hit a few -25 already so it's making good ice. Only about 6" of snow though. How much in Yellowknife

Hey folks;

I'm patiently waiting for the fuel mapping update
YK

I think that's the understatement of the year 2014! Lol. We should be calling it the Allan fuel mapping.

Good to hear you and you camera are still rolling. Can't wait to see the new popo in action at -30C. Its the most interesting sled out there at the moment but I keep hearing about reliability issues. Oh well can't be worst than a Viper without the Allan fuel mapping. Hahaha

We are having the worst start to winter I have ever seen here in 14 years. There is barely 4 inches of snow on the ground. Our riding has been extremely limited and so there isn't much footage yet. Sadly there's nothing in the forecast for snow. We've been freezing cold, -30's on a regular basis for at least 2 weeks. A discouraging start for sure. Hang in there. Mother Nature is not liking us up here.

Hey YK, your video's are a hit at my work ! We have a small group that all gather in my office just to watch. You always have the best video's !! Keep up the good work! I was wondering why you haven't invested in better flotation ski's? It would seem to help with all the build up of fine powder in your engine compartment by keeping your sled from nose diving so much!
DGZRT

Hey YK, your video's are a hit at my work ! We have a small group that all gather in my office just to watch. You always have the best video's !! Keep up the good work! I was wondering why you haven't invested in better flotation ski's? It would seem to help with all the build up of fine powder in your engine compartment by keeping your sled from nose diving so much!
DGZRT

HA! That's awesome to hear. Thanks for sharing.

I'm currently testing the new fuel mapping - and, on the ski front, IF the sled responds positively to the fuel mapping changes (becomes more reliable to start) I have already had the shop see if I could fit Polaris Pro Floats on the spindles, and the answer is yes, so that is the ski upgrade I will do. If the sled still has the same old starting issues, I'm not sure I want to invest anything more into it at this point. Cheers!

I know this is a Yamaha site, but I'm interested to hear what you have to say about the new Poo Axys 800, especially how YOU think it compares to other Yamaha sleds like the Phazer. I know you had an MTX, but I'd like to know whether you think the Axys ergos are even more, or less rider forward than the Phazer, and/or whether you think rider position really is centrally balanced as Polaris claims. Also curious to see how long the new 800 mill holds up to real world use, as previous 800's have a rep for being ticking time bombs.

I know this is a Yamaha site, but I'm interested to hear what you have to say about the new Poo Axys 800, especially how YOU think it compares to other Yamaha sleds like the Phazer. I know you had an MTX, but I'd like to know whether you think the Axys ergos are even more, or less rider forward than the Phazer, and/or whether you think rider position really is centrally balanced as Polaris claims. Also curious to see how long the new 800 mill holds up to real world use, as previous 800's have a rep for being ticking time bombs.

I usually save answers till the video's come out but not having much riding thus far = not much footage. I can tell you the Axys 800 in our pack is having 2 issue's so far. It (doesn't have electric start) takes 40 pulls to start sometimes with throttle required (very random/intermittent, only happened twice so far out of around 2 dozen start ups) and the (may be related) headlights/tailights started doing a strobe/flicker last weekend so there's something wrong electronically with the unit, it is a constant flicker and can't be driven at night as the issue won't stop and it is now in the shop for it. I'll pay attention to ergo's when I get on it. Cheers

Thanks for the update YK. I took a pretty close look at the AXYs during the 2015 Sneak Peek last spring, but that's never as good as real world experience. I would really like to know if the Axys lives up to the billing or whether the changes are just more manufacturing marketing hype. I know I can always count on you to provide the honest scoop.

Still have the yammiecat huh. You couldn't find any spare TNT ? Really, good luck this season. I hope "ALL" improvements work out.. On a side note.. Our winter here came and went in Nov.. 30" of snow then Dec. came and "ALL" the snow left.. Now nothing.. MM.:die#$%&*:whine:

My buds Nytro starts in -38C with little or no trouble. Why the same motor in a Catamaha won't is puzzling! Should be easy to transfer the mapping you would think. Hope you get some snow your vids are entertaining! The pole tent, the fishing and the getting stuck's are top notch. Mostly for the spontaneity of it all.

My buds Nytro starts in -38C with little or no trouble. Why the same motor in a Catamaha won't is puzzling! Should be easy to transfer the mapping you would think. .

It is a CAT ECU its like trying to run windows based software on a MAC!!!!

Back