• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014-2015 Yellowknife Mileage Log

acd55b44145ff07c89e22515a235b1c4_zpsfbe89db0.jpg

I will be on my dr790. The first weekend I am there for the canadian super bike race an the weekend after is the rocky mountain national drag races.
The was great that he was able to skin that wolf like that all in one piece with that knife.

There are Canadian super bike races in Yellowknife? And drag races? What?? When?? lol

I got tired just watching you guys dig out all the time....had to take a nap! :)

So, how is it that they guy knew there were rocks early on in the video? 50% of the time when you are breaking trail on land it looks like there could be rock mines underneath that snow! I'm surprised that you don't get a rock thru your bulkhead about every time you ride! :)

Doug knew where some bad spots were from past experience on those trails, but I could tell when I was leading just by looking at the terrain on the side of the trail. That and a little bit of good luck ;-)

OK - next vid - we're still in full blown winter mode up here...

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Fifteen: Bearcat Woes

Video Description: Heading out to the tent as the Bearcat returns for a visit, Charles runs into the back of my Renegade, fishing at the tent with Andrew, Greg & Charles, Greg explains this years Bearcat woes, powder riding with Charles, out to the tent again the following weekend with Brayden, and detailing how we fish from start to finish.

Cheers,

YK

The races are in Edmonton at Castro speedway by the airport. The bike race is the weekend of July 12 and the drag races are the next weekend. I have to bring the sponsor show truck and trailer to it and I will put my bike in the trailer. Is it possible to ride to Yellowknife and back in 4 days.

The races are in Edmonton at Castro speedway by the airport. The bike race is the weekend of July 12 and the drag races are the next weekend. I have to bring the sponsor show truck and trailer to it and I will put my bike in the trailer. Is it possible to ride to Yellowknife and back in 4 days.

ahh ok I was getting all mixed up. Yeah you could definitely ride to YK and back from Edmonton in 4 days. People drive their cars down in one day - i think most take about 17 hours or so. 4 days would be a nice 8 hour ride each day. But on a bike maybe it's that much harder to obey the speed limit and you'll make better time. I did it in 11 hours once. Not recommended lol

ahh ok I was getting all mixed up. Yeah you could definitely ride to YK and back from Edmonton in 4 days. People drive their cars down in one day - i think most take about 17 hours or so. 4 days would be a nice 8 hour ride each day. But on a bike maybe it's that much harder to obey the speed limit and you'll make better time. I did it in 11 hours once. Not recommended lol
Thanks Allen that is great info I was looking for. Last year I rode threw the canadian rockys. So this year I have to do something different.

Just wanted to thank you again for putting up the excellent videos. I really like the videos of you guys out in the back-country breaking trails, fishing, hunting and just basically living the dream. You seem to have a great bunch of easy going friends to enjoy riding and hanging out with.

Nice to see the Bearcat is still alive. LOL

Yeah it's alive, barely. Its engine is likely to explode soon. Compression is shot on one side.

Ok YK we've given you 2 weeks. Need my next installment.

Yeah I tied up with shift changes at work and then a media drive crapped out on me but I had everything backed up, just took some time to remedy for editing again.

Hey Allen now you can go put the video over on the Polaris forum Polarisstarpower.com

I had no idea... interesting.

Just wanted to thank you again for putting up the excellent videos. I really like the videos of you guys out in the back-country breaking trails, fishing, hunting and just basically living the dream. You seem to have a great bunch of easy going friends to enjoy riding and hanging out with.

We are spoiled and very lucky, no doubt!!

Here's the next one;

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Sixteen: Fireworks

Video Description: Helping a friend set off hundreds of fireworks as the camera catches us igniting them, heading out to the cabin for a ride, showing the latest accessory purchase for my Backcountry, inspecting the cabin for critters, what turns out to be my last powder ride of the season, and the ride home

Cheers,

YK

I like the angry tent zipper sound at the 4 minute mark... I bet you couldn't do that on july 4th in california:hide: That sled does handle well.....MM.

I just published a new Vid (finally)

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Eighteen: Hay River

Video Description: Our entire trip from start to finish from Yellowknife to Hay River and back across Great Slave Lake, snow like cement for the majority of the ride, having lunch at an old fish plant, taking another hit to the shoulder, arriving in Hay River, riding up the actual river the next day, riding the ditches along the highway at +10 C in an attempt to reach the NWT/Alberta border, checking out the frozen sets of falls at Twin Falls Park, running to beavers on the way back down the river, the ride back to Yellowknife the next day, meeting a commercial fisherman and arriving back home.

Cheers,

YK

That did look like a long rough ride !! It looks like your Doo is holding up well so far.

Yeah, I'm happy with it after one season in the bag. We'll see what next year brings on the durability front.

How is the shoulder holding up. Seem to be giving you a lot of problems this year.

The shoulder is still frozen, but not unexpected as the healing process is long. I'm making due though, continuing physio, etc.

Well, here's the next episode - still more to come after this as well, i'm just really behind (as usual at this time of year) with editing the rest of the season.

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Nineteen: Bon Fire

Video Description: The final weekends at the wall tent and the cabin during an early April melt with Greg, Charles and Andrew, jigging with Cameron, Charles gives his final thoughts on the Axys after 2,000 km's in its first season, harvesting several tree's for an evening bon fire, and experimentation with blowing several objects up in the fire.

Cheers,

YK

Back