• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014-2015 Yellowknife Mileage Log

Yeah, I'm happy with it after one season in the bag. We'll see what next year brings on the durability front.

The shoulder is still frozen, but not unexpected as the healing process is long. I'm making due though, continuing physio, etc.

Well, here's the next episode - still more to come after this as well, i'm just really behind (as usual at this time of year) with editing the rest of the season.

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Nineteen: Bon Fire

Video Description: The final weekends at the wall tent and the cabin during an early April melt with Greg, Charles and Andrew, jigging with Cameron, Charles gives his final thoughts on the Axys after 2,000 km's in its first season, harvesting several tree's for an evening bon fire, and experimentation with blowing several objects up in the fire.

Cheers,

YK
Wow another great video as always. Who knew a can of corn could be so dangerous. LOL. :)

Yellowknife here is a To Go Torch or some call it a Trappers Candle, Swedish Candle or Swedish Torch that may be handy at your tent camp.
http://www.fieldandstream.com/articl...02/to-go-torch
progress.gif

Goggle it for more info.

Last edited:
You guys are funny lol

We're done the torch thing too! Summer camping anyway.

OK - here's the final season episode from 2015 - took me long enough...

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Twenty: Land Mobiling

Video Description: Greg, Andrew and I blow up more things in the fire, Greg learns to eat breakfast for the first time, we track a squirrel for an obsessive amount of time, the unexpected tear down of the wall tent due to a flash melt, our final trip of the year and last weekend of snowmobiling to Hearne Lake Lodge with Greg, Andrew, Randy, Maureen and Brayden, including our special guest losing his job, Greg puking all over the ice, melting sliders on the Viper, land mobiling, water mobiling, the melting sights of the forest fire damage, fishing, and more puddle crossing antics.

Cheers,

YK

Another great video. It must have taken days to upload that high res 30 min clip!

I love how the definition of Pickerel changes from location to location in Canada. Of course down in Minnesota, they are walleye. In Ontario, you get a 50/50 split of the locals calling Walleye Pickerel and Northerns Pickerel. So when someone comes in and says they caught a 12lb pickerel, you have no idea what they caught, but you assume it a Northern, as that would be a trophy walleye.

Glad to see you didn't waste any of that springtime weather. Milked it to the very end for sure. We are already looking forward to the next season here!

I was going to ride to Yellowknife in July but there was so many wide Forrest fires burning up that way. So I rode from Edmonton to whistler BC and back in the four days off I had. This was at the CSBK bike race. Had to put a pic in here.
8e6ebea618c1272be82e236f451fd01b_zps5ed28gxm.jpg

Another great video. It must have taken days to upload that high res 30 min clip!

I love how the definition of Pickerel changes from location to location in Canada. Of course down in Minnesota, they are walleye. In Ontario, you get a 50/50 split of the locals calling Walleye Pickerel and Northerns Pickerel. So when someone comes in and says they caught a 12lb pickerel, you have no idea what they caught, but you assume it a Northern, as that would be a trophy walleye.

Glad to see you didn't waste any of that springtime weather. Milked it to the very end for sure. We are already looking forward to the next season here!

Yeah i've been uploaded the same format of video files for a few years now - I think youtube has finally started accepting the 60fps rate I've been uploading instead of down converting them.

I was going to ride to Yellowknife in July but there was so many wide Forrest fires burning up that way. So I rode from Edmonton to whistler BC and back in the four days off I had. This was at the CSBK bike race. Had to put a pic in here.
8e6ebea618c1272be82e236f451fd01b_zps5ed28gxm.jpg

Yeah the fires have been something else to see.

By the way, I've started uploading video's of summer trips from 2014 if anyone wants to check them out. The playlist will be updated regularly over the coming months and can be found here: 2014 Boating Season

Subscribe if you haven't and want to be kept in the loop when new uploads appear.

Cheers,

YK

Any snow up your direction yet?

Yeah we've been riding since Nov 14th. I think i've put on 1000 km's or so. Some filming, but no editing. I'm not sure i'll bother with posting vids this winter. I'm thinking about holding the footage, editing it when the season is over and releasing it one episode per week next fall. I'm just not finding the time to edit since the snow started, and don't want to stay in editing when I could be riding. We'll see what shakes down. I'm tired lol

As I'm sure you are aware most of us unlucky ones to the south of you are without "SNOW". :o|:whine:So at least someone is getting some miles in... Well have a great year... We aren't........MM.

As I'm sure you are aware most of us unlucky ones to the south of you are without "SNOW". :o|:whine:So at least someone is getting some miles in... Well have a great year... We aren't........MM.

You know it's bad down south when even where I live we're seeing temperatures anywhere from 10 to 20 degrees ABOVE normal. Any more and we'd having melting snow and ice. It'll only be more common as time goes on I'm afraid! My home town in northern ontario never had a green xmas the 20 years I grew up there. Now you're lucky to get snow 5 out of 10 xmas', and dropping.

I'm 65 and this "IS" a very hard thing to deal with for an old man......Our long term forecast is going to be in the high 40s for the rest of the month with "0" chance of a white X-mas.........I'm not even going to buy our yearly trail passes yet until I'm sure of some lasting snow.....Deeeeeeeeeep sigh.:mad::dieMM.

I'm 65 and this "IS" a very hard thing to deal with for an old man......Our long term forecast is going to be in the high 40s for the rest of the month with "0" chance of a white X-mas.........I'm not even going to buy our yearly trail passes yet until I'm sure of some lasting snow.....Deeeeeeeeeep sigh.:mad::dieMM.

Retired? Winter home in Yellowknife sounds like a good order!

I bought my Ontario pass for 187.50 and my Manitoba pass for 150 and no real snow expected till Jan to Feb. Snow is coming but its late like in 87, bright side is they say because of the el-Nino winter should last longer into spring. I can dream can't I!

Back