• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014-2015 Yellowknife Mileage Log

You had a moose costume draped over your Viper didn't you? You rigged up a remote control for the Viper throttle.............shot it again....then after you stopped the camera flames are shooting up in the air.......the Viper is officially dead!

Yep I'm nutz!!!! :confused:

LOL, I like it!! But - the Viper is, still in my possession, and it's running - so not dead ;-)

I did enjoy the riding this past weekend. I did a lot of work this summer with a suspension swap and an Apex Radiator and also Ulmer front end bushing to the old Warrior. It seemed good that all the time and money was worth it. I made some more tweaks to the rear suspension tonight and it really handles good now. That really sucks about the damage that the forest fire caused, but nature always heals itself with time. I hope if you get a different brand sled you don't forget about us here on TY and keep posting your videos. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't really matter what you ride, as long as it makes you happy.

Having a sled you love that is right for you is totally worth putting money into when its a sled you know you'll regret getting rid of! I will never forget about you guys on TY no matter what the future holds. Hopefully if I do end up without any Yamaha's at some point years down the road I will still be welcome here the way i've always been welcome on other sites in spite of now having their brand. I appreciate the loyal viewership regardless of what I drive, and the constructive conversation and experiences that folks have with whatever sled they own.

X-2 ^^^^^ Please keep us informed.. ;)! You've kept the Viper waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than I would have.. MM.

Max, your post couldn't have set up the next video any better...

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Six: Buy Reliable Products

Video Description: A follow up from the moose hunt, introducing a change in the snowmobile fleet, various riding from the helmet camera, a disturbing video clip of Andrew Pacey's frostbite damage, we visit the home of the Bearcat to check up on it, and more riding with the new addition.

Cheers,

YK

That's a nice sled !! I hope you have good luck with it. Its too bad the Viper didn't work out for you, but hopefully you'll have good luck with the Ski Doo. I know a few people that had 600 SDI's and they really like them. What's up with the Bearcat ? LOL. It sounds like a Harley.

We all knew you were going to lay bare the foibles of the yamacat folly. Hopefully CR and others are paying attention. I'll bet your donkey gives you a few surprises too but it is a great looking sled and the handling review is definitely worth noticing. I am seriously considering a 900 Ace Renegade with 1+1 seat which will be so versatile for my girls. Even so I am also going for an EPS XTX APE as I cannot do without the power. Please Yamaha refine the Apex line with a few more ponies and 30 less pounds. Go watch a moon landing movie or something. It can be done!

Congrats on the new sled. I think you will appreciate the lighter weight. The new sled should fit your riding style better and should start way better at - 30. I can't wait to see your review on it as you put on more miles. Please do keep us updated.

Your comments are spot on. My Apex mtx blew up with 3500 miles, and honestly it's the best thing that ever happen. I have had more fun in 200 miles on my T3 than I had the entire time I rode the Apex. I was brand loyal as I have rode Yamaha for 25 years. 6000 miles on a big bored SRX that gave me zero problems ever, period. The Apex seemed like it always needed something. Steering post bushings shot, front end bushings shot, exhaust donuts shot, starter relay shot, starter silinoid shot, maverick track junk, headlight pod busts off if you look at it wrong, rollover valve is mandatory, handle bar warmers don't work. It had very good trail manners but that's where the fun ended. The touted reliability wasn't there for me, and I figured if i coundnt find a reliable sled to ride then it may as well have a high fun factor. Now I am pulling lines that I wouldn't have tried in my wildest dreams with the Apex. When people say weight doesn't matter they are wrong. A lighter sled is way more playful and way less tiresome. I fully expect the etech to blow up as it sips fuel and oil even in break in mode.....but with a 4 year warranty I'm not out a whole lot.

Congrats on the new sled. It looks like a sweet ride. I have an etech outboard and absolutly love it. Lots of power. What is the power of the 600 compaired to the nytro and viper.

Congrats on the new ride YK! I'll be watching for a moose costume in an upcoming episode!

That's a nice sled !! I hope you have good luck with it. Its too bad the Viper didn't work out for you, but hopefully you'll have good luck with the Ski Doo. I know a few people that had 600 SDI's and they really like them. What's up with the Bearcat ? LOL. It sounds like a Harley.

I had an SDI ironically, and it was (now) the second worst sled i've ever owned lol It really just goes that way sometimes, particularly with first year models, regardless of the manufacturer these days. The bearcat - it's issues shall be revealed! lol

YK,

Congratulations on the new sled. I hope it works out for you. Please keep posting your videos here as they are very enjoyable.

I intend to as long as TY keeps me around ;-)

We all knew you were going to lay bare the foibles of the yamacat folly. Hopefully CR and others are paying attention. I'll bet your donkey gives you a few surprises too but it is a great looking sled and the handling review is definitely worth noticing. I am seriously considering a 900 Ace Renegade with 1+1 seat which will be so versatile for my girls. Even so I am also going for an EPS XTX APE as I cannot do without the power. Please Yamaha refine the Apex line with a few more ponies and 30 less pounds. Go watch a moon landing movie or something. It can be done!

CR knows, and hears about it probably more than he should lol

I fully expect my E-TEC to blow up - the question is when, and will it last longer than the 2 strokes i owned pre-2007...

Congrats on the new sled. I think you will appreciate the lighter weight. The new sled should fit your riding style better and should start way better at - 30. I can't wait to see your review on it as you put on more miles. Please do keep us updated.

I appreciate the lighter weight so much, as you'll see in the next episode. Depending on what you are doing, it makes a big difference, and I always knew that. It is nicer to have the lighter weight for my riding style. And it has started so far down to -36 C, all I did was pull the cord slowly a few times to loosen up the engine, and then i put the key on and hit the starter and she fires up nicely in extreme cold.

Your comments are spot on. My Apex mtx blew up with 3500 miles, and honestly it's the best thing that ever happen. I have had more fun in 200 miles on my T3 than I had the entire time I rode the Apex. I was brand loyal as I have rode Yamaha for 25 years. 6000 miles on a big bored SRX that gave me zero problems ever, period. The Apex seemed like it always needed something. Steering post bushings shot, front end bushings shot, exhaust donuts shot, starter relay shot, starter silinoid shot, maverick track junk, headlight pod busts off if you look at it wrong, rollover valve is mandatory, handle bar warmers don't work. It had very good trail manners but that's where the fun ended. The touted reliability wasn't there for me, and I figured if i coundnt find a reliable sled to ride then it may as well have a high fun factor. Now I am pulling lines that I wouldn't have tried in my wildest dreams with the Apex. When people say weight doesn't matter they are wrong. A lighter sled is way more playful and way less tiresome. I fully expect the etech to blow up as it sips fuel and oil even in break in mode.....but with a 4 year warranty I'm not out a whole lot.

Fun factor is a big thing that I think I underestimated the benefits of. I have 5 years of warranty myself - going to be very interesting how that story goes... lol

Congrats on the new sled. It looks like a sweet ride. I have an etech outboard and absolutly love it. Lots of power. What is the power of the 600 compaired to the nytro and viper.

I'm not sure what the HP ratings are, but I feel the power is similar - though I haven't towed a heavy load with it yet!

Congrats on the new ride YK! I'll be watching for a moose costume in an upcoming episode!

LOL - not in this one here but maybe soon!!!

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Seven: Emazing-TEC

Video Description: An update on Charles' Axys, a weekend at the wall tent with the E-TEC and the Viper, loading the miles on the E-TEC including various first impressions, breaking trail, oil and fuel economy results, Charles and I attempt a ride to Awry Lake through another forest fire burn area, and powder riding with the E-TEC and the Axys.

Cheers,

YK

Yeah I have to agree with MadMax that it seems like your really having fun snowmobiling again. That E Tec looks super easy to ride. Its hard to believe how slow you can go in deep snow. I'd burn my belt if I tried that with my old tank. LOL

Hate to say it but I want to go back to a Skidoo again. I want the 1200 renegade I still want the a 4 stroke.

It's so nice to hear you enjoying yourself again...............;)!;)!:sled2:MM.

A LOT of people have said that - I didn't realize that it came through on film. I'm having a BLAST riding again.

Yeah I have to agree with MadMax that it seems like your really having fun snowmobiling again. That E Tec looks super easy to ride. Its hard to believe how slow you can go in deep snow. I'd burn my belt if I tried that with my old tank. LOL

It is the easiest sled to handle that i've ever ridden. And agree'd on the low end traction.

Hate to say it but I want to go back to a Skidoo again. I want the 1200 renegade I still want the a 4 stroke.

lol you're going to get me kicked off this forum ahahahaha j/k

900 ace for me.. Looking for doo ride and great MPG. MM.

I think the speculation is the 1200 will be replaced for 2016 with something bigger than the 900 ace but along the same lines.

Well, here's the next episode my friends!

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Eight: Frozen Shoulder

Video Description: More fun on the 600 Backcountry, breaking trail, bushwacking, reaching the oil range limits, an epic 367 km ride including freezing rain and my worst snowmobile crash of the season, evaluating the damage to me and the sled, passing through the rare earth metals mine, and finishing the long ride into the night.

Cheers,

YK

Back