• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014-2015 Yellowknife Mileage Log

Thx guys - I'm really glad you enjoy the video's. It's been a challenge keeping up with one episode per week for most of the winter.

Allan that does look like fun carving in the powder !! I don't really have anywhere to do that here since your not supposed to ride off the trail in Vt. The little field behind my house isn't quite big enough either. Wow 40 below !! BRRR. I've been catching up on your older videos since I just discovered them a while ago. I have a question for you. How did you like those Fox Zero shocks for your Nytro? I can't find any good quality gas shocks for my Grand Touring skid I installed in my Warrior. I found someone who said he can custom make me a set of those Fox Zeros for me. Keep filming and having fun !!

The Fox Zero Pro shocks are nice. They are a simple, rebuildable shock that really is a small powerful little cannon for what they are!

OK - next video

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Ten: Furry Friends

Video Description: Riding with Charles in low visibility conditions where I fail to keep the track side down, Charles continue's to have hard starting gremlins with his Pro-X, powder riding, riding out to the lodge with Brayden, a small wildlife surprise, a slightly larger wildlife surprise, more powder riding and 'Yellowknife "hill" Climbing', my latest accessory, and the ride home

Cheers,

YK

Another exciting-funny-crazy video.. How long is your track????????? Have you ever considered putting a second track on top so you can just keep going & going ?? How's the viper been starting lately ?? Looking forward to the 2,000 km report.. MM.

How's the viper been starting lately ?? Looking forward to the 2,000 km report.. MM.

X2

I know you want to forget about your Viper troubles but as long as we at the Yamy forum see the Viper in the video we wouldn't mind a little update on it? ;)

Another exciting-funny-crazy video.. How long is your track????????? Have you ever considered putting a second track on top so you can just keep going & going ?? How's the viper been starting lately ?? Looking forward to the 2,000 km report.. MM.

LOL The track is 137" long by 16" wide by 1.75" lug. I think I do need to be surrounded by tracks, like one of those RC cars that can flip every which way and still drive. The Viper has been starting. If it doesn't start on the first try, I have to leave it for a minute, then try again and it fires up. If I don't wait long enough though, it won't start.

X2

I know you want to forget about your Viper troubles but as long as we at the Yamy forum see the Viper in the video we wouldn't mind a little update on it? ;)

It isn't getting much use, kinda just to and from the wall tent or the lodge, and we 'try' to keep it out of the powder to prevent the snow ingestion, I still want to sell it but it isn't currently listed, I had it listed for a month and it didn't sell. I have my 08 Nytro MTX listed now, see if that sells.

Is there anything you miss about the Viper or any 4 stroke for that manner ? The E Tech does look like fun. Did Cat do the fuel mapping on the Pro X to ? LOL
Oh and thanx for your input on the Fox Zeros. If there is sufficient funds left this spring I think I'm going to get a set.

Last edited:
It looks like ski doo is not taking care of you. You are still wearing that free yamaha clothing that yamaha Canada gave you.Is the yamaha clothing holding up in the cold weather. Keep the video's coming.:cool:

I think I can answer for Allan. In one of his latest video he does get rubbed for his Yamy coat. But his answer is, if it works well why not wear it!

No brand alliance will do this. I have a BV2S helmet with the name Bombardier on it and I have no shame of telling people these helmet work good.

1. Better throw in a roll of duct tape in the pack! Zip ties too!

2. Where is an eagle or hawk when you need one?

3. Are Pine Martens out of season?

4. Better do something about that shoulder(s) now or you will regret it in 20 years.

5. I'd bet Alan is in deep negotiations with BRP about clothes and accessories. It's got to drive them nuts to see YAMAHA all the time in the video's.

What kind of power differences between the ski doo , nytro and the viper. I have heard people say that the nytro is in the 600 class 2 stroke so I guess the viper would be also. Is this the case. You have spent lots of time on all three. Would you give a rating from best to worst power wise.

Between video's I don't usually come back on the forums, saving my replies to questions for the next video post - but I love finding the stuff you guys write week to week ahahaha

Is there anything you miss about the Viper or any 4 stroke for that manner ? The E Tech does look like fun. Did Cat do the fuel mapping on the Pro X to ? LOL
Oh and thanx for your input on the Fox Zeros. If there is sufficient funds left this spring I think I'm going to get a set.

Anything I miss about the Viper or 4 stroke.... hmmmm.... you know what, don't shoot me, but I can't think of anything I miss... ask me again when my E-TEC explodes next month and i'll tell you I miss engine longevity. But seriously, the Backcountry feels like a sled built for everything I do, and it continue's to do well through 3,000 km's now.

I'm wondering the same thing though about the fuel mapping on the Pro X lol - glad I could help on the fox shocks.

It looks like ski doo is not taking care of you. You are still wearing that free yamaha clothing that yamaha Canada gave you.Is the yamaha clothing holding up in the cold weather. Keep the video's coming.:cool:

ahahahaha, yeah like it was stated, why change gear when it works? It's funny looking I guess for me to be dressed in red Yammi gear on a black doo but the gear is excellent, all the layering system has held up well through almost 2 full seasons now, including through the washer and dryer. I won't buy new gear, it would be a waste of money, and I also much appreciate Yamaha giving me the gear and I want to wear it and get everything I can out of it. The doo dealer offered me 50% off a new suit. Unfortunately that's more than I can afford with 4 sleds in the driveway ahahaha

1. Better throw in a roll of duct tape in the pack! Zip ties too!

2. Where is an eagle or hawk when you need one?

3. Are Pine Martens out of season?

4. Better do something about that shoulder(s) now or you will regret it in 20 years.

5. I'd bet Alan is in deep negotiations with BRP about clothes and accessories. It's got to drive them nuts to see YAMAHA all the time in the video's.

I'm not sure what the reg's are on pine marten's. - on the shoulder front, i'm not hurting it by riding, I'm just causing myself discomfort during the process of healing. Also, I never thought of that (re - Yamaha gear on the doo driving them nuts lol)

I don't think BRP gives a crap that I purchased one of their sleds. Where I have friendships with Yamaha folks, I don't have any with BRP folks above the dealer level.

What kind of power differences between the ski doo , nytro and the viper. I have heard people say that the nytro is in the 600 class 2 stroke so I guess the viper would be also. Is this the case. You have spent lots of time on all three. Would you give a rating from best to worst power wise.

Power differences between the 1049 triple and the 600 E-TEC are not noticeable for me so I'm not sure if there is actually much of one on the dyno? While I'm sure the 4 strokes have more torque and a smoother power band, the lightness of the 2-stroke makes it pull like hell and the power seem higher than it probably is compared to riding a 4 stroke. I do think the Nytro/Viper are comparable in power to the 600 E-TEC, not the 800.

Power wise - If I rate what I consider the most powerful engine a 10, on its engine merits alone, I'd say Nytro 10/10, 600 E-TEC 9.5/10 and Viper 8.5/10. The Viper is a slug compared to the Nytro and 600 E-TEC.

On that note - I didn't do a review of the Backcountry yet, but I did one of the Axys...

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Eleven: 2015 Polaris 800 Rush Pro-X Axys Review

Video Description: A 'surface deep' review of the 2015 Polaris 800 Rush Pro-X Axys

Cheers,

YK

That was a great review Allen.............................. Ya know if you ever needed a different job you could work for a sled rag. Testing "ALL" the machines and get paid for it.;) You are a natural. MM.

That was a great review Allen.............................. Ya know if you ever needed a different job you could work for a sled rag. Testing "ALL" the machines and get paid for it.;) You are a natural. MM.

thx lol, ironically I am going to need a new job - the company I work for is eliminating the position I hold - just not sure when. It's in their 5 year plan so could be by xmas or could be a year or two later...

That does look like a lot of fun to ride in the powder. Since I do all my riding on groomed trails the weight of the 4 stroke isn't a problem for me. Plus I have about 80lbs on you to help throw it around. LOL. I'd have a hard time not getting another 4 stroke since I've become addicted to the 4 cylinder Yamaha power. If I had the cash for a new sled I'd go with an Apex. But for the type of riding you do I don't think an Apex would work to well. That's why they make different sleds for different people I guess. That Axys looks like a lot of fun though as does your Doo. Keep having fun and making more vids !!
P.S. I'm sorry to hear about your job coming to an end. I wish you the best of luck in finding something else before your current job ends. You gotta find something good so you can afford to keep ridin' :Rockon:

Last edited:

Back