• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014-2015 Yellowknife Mileage Log

Yeah thx. I'll have to wait to find a replacement job - can't leave this one prematurely, have to wait till I get the axe before moving on. (Severance Pay!)

OK next Episode!

I know many have stopped riding but we're still in full swing here.

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Twelve: Wear & Tear

Video Description: Covering some findings on the Renegade Backcountry from operator abuse, as well as some changes I've made to the panels, a 300+ km ride with Doug including trail breaking down abandoned ice roads and ice roads currently in use to the mines, and skipping to footage from the ride home after the Axys testing from Episode Eleven.

Cheers,

YK

Well it sounds like for the most part your New Doo is holding up good. I'm glad for you since you love riding so much. Our riding is still pretty good here in Vt. Its the best winter we've had for a long time. The weather is starting to get warmer though. I was also wondering where the Bear Cat is. I haven't seen it for a while, has it gone AWOL ? LOL

Don't you love the CBC!

;-)

Well it sounds like for the most part your New Doo is holding up good. I'm glad for you since you love riding so much. Our riding is still pretty good here in Vt. Its the best winter we've had for a long time. The weather is starting to get warmer though. I was also wondering where the Bear Cat is. I haven't seen it for a while, has it gone AWOL ? LOL

lol the Bearcat will be back! On the doo note....

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Thirteen: 2015 Ski-doo Renegade Backcountry Review: Part 1 of 3

Video Description: Part 1 in a 3 part series reviewing Ski-doo's 2015 Renegade Backcountry 600 E-TEC after 3,000 km's of use.

Cheers,

YK

Do you have to carry oil now? How much did it use?

lol no they won't. If they look up my file, I've cost so much in warranty in past purchases (same with Yamaha) that I'm surprised I'm not listed on a 'no-buy' list. ahaha

Next vid;

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Thirteen: 2015 Ski-doo Renegade Backcountry Review: Part 2 of 3

Video Description: Part 2 in a 3 part series reviewing Ski-doo's 2015 Renegade Backcountry 600 E-TEC after 3,000 km's of use.

Cheers,

YK
Wow Allen is there anything bad at all on it?

Oh ya! Pack your bags you are moving to Quebec. You are going to be the new Son for BRP.lmao

lol We all know I'd get fired, it would only be a matter of time. That said, I still want to do a trip to Quebec. I'd love to trailer down (takes about 4 days) and ride for 4 weeks solid. Probably need about $10,000 to pull that off.
But doo you like it?????????????:hide: MM.

Today we're riding for the first time across Great Slave Lake. It would be one of the worst times for something to go wrong. Ask me Monday when i'm back from the 3 day trip ;-)

Do you have to carry oil now? How much did it use?

I will get at least 600 km's out of a tank of oil, so unless the trip is longer than that... but I keep a 1 litre container with me now too since the episode where I underestimated the miles I'd get on the remaining oil in the tank ;-)

Wow Allen is there anything bad at all on it?

Well, keep in mind my review is specific to my riding terrain, conditions and style. That said, there isn't much I'd change about this sled, and I am so disappointed they've stopped making it. The things I point out on it are nit picking... like make a bigger fuel can for the tunnel to carry more spare gas, heat the handlebar hooks, backlight the instrument cluster on all the units, not just the premium ones, put a 3 stage compression adjuster on all the shocks, do a better job integrating the windshield to the cowling... I'm struggling to find things... I think this is an amazing sled top to bottom, and i'll give credit where it's due. Associate my words here against the fact that I think the Nytro XTX 1..75 is a better sled for my riding conditions/style/terrain than any Viper model. That's me, and not most others who have owned both.

Here's the last instalment. I promise to get back to riding after this - many more episodes to come!!

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Thirteen: 2015 Ski-doo Renegade Backcountry Review: Part 3 of 3

Video Description: Part 3 in a 3 part series reviewing Ski-doo's 2015 Renegade Backcountry 600 E-TEC after 3,000 km's of use.

Cheers,

YK

I have 4 days of freedom on the week of the 13th of July and planning to ride from Edmonton to Yellowknife on my bike. It is showing 1500 Kms to Yellowknife one way.
You don't have to drive all the way to Quebec to ride just drive to ontario and ride your sled to Quebec and once you get to Quebec you guys can live in all the warming huts some even have fm radio's in them that would keep the cost down for some nights.

I have 4 days of freedom on the week of the 13th of July and planning to ride from Edmonton to Yellowknife on my bike. It is showing 1500 Kms to Yellowknife one way.
You don't have to drive all the way to Quebec to ride just drive to ontario and ride your sled to Quebec and once you get to Quebec you guys can live in all the warming huts some even have fm radio's in them that would keep the cost down for some nights.

What kinda bike?

I did the trip to Ontario a few years back, the snow conditions were terrible across the province.

OK back to riding -

2015 Snowmobile Season: Episode Fourteen: Wolf Trails

Video Description: A full days ride with Doug including powder riding, breaking trail, getting stuck repeatedly, meeting up with a plane on ski's, and harvesting a wolf.

Cheers,

YK

acd55b44145ff07c89e22515a235b1c4_zpsfbe89db0.jpg

I will be on my dr790. The first weekend I am there for the canadian super bike race an the weekend after is the rocky mountain national drag races.
The was great that he was able to skin that wolf like that all in one piece with that knife.

I got tired just watching you guys dig out all the time....had to take a nap! :)

So, how is it that they guy knew there were rocks early on in the video? 50% of the time when you are breaking trail on land it looks like there could be rock mines underneath that snow! I'm surprised that you don't get a rock thru your bulkhead about every time you ride! :)

Back