• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 Nytro 120" will it fit a 1.6 cobra

ehenry56

Got a 2014 Nytro with the 120" and I blew my track out yesterday was hoping to fit the 1.6 cobra under it. I got the 2.86 extrovert drivers stock and running 7 pounds of boost so this track I think would be killer under it. Just wanna make sure it's going to fit before I buy it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 179

Got a 2014 Nytro with the 120" and I blew my track out yesterday was hoping to fit the 1.6 cobra under it. I got the 2.86 extrovert drivers stock and running 7 pounds of boost so this track I think would be killer under it. Just wanna make sure it's going to fit before I buy it.

Fit as far as lug height? You can run a 1.75 back country on a Nytro but you may have to pull the protectors.

I have an 09 shorty, and have the 1.6 ice cobra with the tunnel protectors still in the sled..BUT I also did the Star skid relocation..so it's a 129"..my advice is to also do the relocation..it's like $230 or something and freaking well worth it..The price of the track wont change much.. I'd do the ice cobra too not the regular cobra..I wont own another sled without an ice series track..it's that much better..

Attachments

• FOT579A.jpg
    FOT579A.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 202
I have an 09 shorty, and have the 1.6 ice cobra with the tunnel protectors still in the sled..BUT I also did the Star skid relocation..so it's a 129"..my advice is to also do the relocation..it's like $230 or something and freaking well worth it..The price of the track wont change much.. I'd do the ice cobra too not the regular cobra..I wont own another sled without an ice series track..it's that much better..

I know I want one of those Ice Cobras for my Viper XTX and I cant get it in a 141 :(

Those ice ripper tracks or whatever are single ply, Says right on them do not stud.

I think your stock track was single ply as well, thats probably why it shredded like that. How many miles were on it?

My reccomendation would be to make sure you get a 2ply track, with real studs. No plastic backers either. With the boost and how hard nytros can launch, I think its necessary. If you ride aggressively, youll destroy that 1.6 ice cobra in short time. It wont hook either on hard pack. The lugs are too soft, they will fold over under acceleration and those little studs wont do anything.

Those ice ripper tracks or whatever are single ply, Says right on them do not stud.

I think your stock track was single ply as well, thats probably why it shredded like that. How many miles were on it?

My reccomendation would be to make sure you get a 2ply track, with real studs. No plastic backers either. With the boost and how hard nytros can launch, I think its necessary. If you ride aggressively, youll destroy that 1.6 ice cobra in short time. It wont hook either on hard pack. The lugs are too soft, they will fold over under acceleration and those little studs wont do anything.
I keep hearing that Cobras don't hook and I'm not trying to argue, but I've had the 1.35 on two different nytros and they both launch extremely well.

But yes, real studs are always much better for traction.

I keep hearing that Cobras don't hook and I'm not trying to argue, but I've had the 1.35 on two different nytros and they both launch extremely well.

But yes, real studs are always much better for traction.

Ive personally never ran a cobra. But i have heard they hook great in the loose snow. Im just thinking with the 1.6 on hardpack it might be an issue. Especially since the OP has 50 hp more than stock or so. So depends on what the trails in his area are like really.

Stock track had 3600 on it when this happened, I found something under the snow that cut the track. Was in the deep stuff in the upper peninsula and pinned it....... Then I felt whatever the hell it was I hit. Otherwise zero stud issues on that single ply track.

Single ply tracks CAN be studded and holsd up fine.
You MUST use the right studs for single ply tracks.
Woody's make Grandmaster series specifically for single ply tracks. They have a particular shoulder and larger head to torque down in the thinner track and the larger head reists flexing/pulling out of the thinner track.
I have these studs, 132 of em, in my oem single ply Ripsaw2 and they and the track are in pefect condition after 4000 #*$&@ rapin' miles in brutal conditions.

The Ice Cobra isn't the same soft fl;exible lugs as the 1.375 cobra.
It has much firmer lugs and should be a great performer!

If I keep the Nytro this will be it's next track.
Several buddies have this track this year on both oem setups as well as aftermarket.
With our terrible low/no snow season so far no real feedback yet...but leaving on a big 4 day trip to Quebec Canada tomorrow and will be riding with a few Bombi's with the 1.6 Ice Cobra .....
I'll post what I see and feel.

Single ply tracks CAN be studded and holsd up fine.
You MUST use the right studs for single ply tracks.
Woody's make Grandmaster series specifically for single ply tracks. They have a particular shoulder and larger head to torque down in the thinner track and the larger head reists flexing/pulling out of the thinner track.
I have these studs, 132 of em, in my oem single ply Ripsaw2 and they and the track are in pefect condition after 4000 #*$&@ rapin' miles in brutal conditions.

The Ice Cobra isn't the same soft fl;exible lugs as the 1.375 cobra.
It has much firmer lugs and should be a great performer!

If I keep the Nytro this will be it's next track.
Several buddies have this track this year on both oem setups as well as aftermarket.
With our terrible low/no snow season so far no real feedback yet...but leaving on a big 4 day trip to Quebec Canada tomorrow and will be riding with a few Bombi's with the 1.6 Ice Cobra .....
I'll post what I see and feel.
Well? How she goin eh?

When I last updated my track, Royal Distributing where I bought it talked me out of a single ply track. They said that the track wasn't hardy enough to handle the torque/horsepower of these AWESOME motors. Lol, I don't know any better so I believed them and took the safe route with a 2 ply. Probably lost some top speed? Don't know.

Back