• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 Nytro code er_1 dead!

snopro442

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
mod 08 nytro, 2-2007 phazers and a 2010 sno pro 500 speedwerx exterminator. new 2014 nytro for towing the snowcoach. 2015 Viper mpi turbo
I just went and installed a full charged battery and it took a few seconds for the gauge to flicker and cant really hear the fuel pump kick in and when you turn the key it goes dead. wait a few minutes and the gauge with light up pretty dim. Turn the key and I hear a click and then dead, I checked the ignition connection and no corrosion checked the starter relay and all terminals there and they all look new, sled only has 235 miles on it and stays inside the trailer at all times.. Where should I start looking? could the battery be junk even if its fully charged? any info would be great. also if you just leave the key on it will say er_1 on the gauge.

Look in the venture multi purpose section there is a list of fault codes for all Yamaha four strokes with the self diagnostics, it shows err 1 code with a list of possible causes. hope this helps!

Take your battery to someone with a battery tester. Ask them to run a deep test on the battery to see what condition it is in.
No signal from the ECU seems to enable err 1. Check your battery first and then look for rats on the wires.

I looked it over, this sled is as close to new as you get. all connections look new. I was thinking it might just be a junk battery too.

Get a meter check battery voltage. Sounds like a bad battery connection or bad battery. I am an auto mechanic and batterys are made very poorly recently it seems l

replaced the battery and it started right up, 2 yr. old battery and it was already junk.

Back