• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 Nytro suspension issue

headhunterbmf

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha
Hey everyone just picked up a used 2014 Nytro this spring and decided to put in DuPont slides and the 4th rear wheel kit today. I removed the rear suspension to do this and put it all back together with no issues. When moving it back to the corner of the garage I sat on it for a minute and when got off noticed it didn't spring back up and it did squeak when I put my weight on it. I can't exactly remember how fast it recovered before but know it wasn't like this. I've gone back through and rechecked the track tension and torque on all bolts I touched. I didn't touch the torsion springs but that was my first check to make sure they were where they were supposed to be. The only other thing was I greased the whole suspension while it was out and easy to get to. Any advice will be greatly appreciated I haven't owned a sled for a long time and am getting back into it.

I sent shocks to hygear so not sure if this contributed but it's possible. When I removed and went through mine last year I removed all cross shafts and cleaned them up with Emory paper and then ran cloth through the tube the cross shaft went through to remove old grease and then reassembled and greased as usual until it was fully lubed, bounced around a few times then regreased to make sure it was packed good. Seemed to help that fully. But may also have been the full rebuild pkg (trail pro) I had hygear do.

Is the whole sled on level ground (i.e., not on dollies)? Does the suspension come back up if you pull it up?

I tried it with the sled on level ground without the dollies last night and no changes. Tonight it seems to be coming out of it for some reason before when I pushed it down it would just sit bottomed out now it will rise 2 inches almost instantly. It still doesn't make sense to me but now seems to be fine?

Is carbides on skis and studs in track digging into wood or concrete floor? Noticed that mine would squeak and dig in a bit too

Take some lube spray and get every thing that moves in the suspension. Then get on the machine and jump up and down on the suspension until the squeaks go away. Then hit it with grease again! After that it should move a little easier but these machines do NOT spring back to the top, they always sag a couple of inches.
Wich model do you have?

It is sitting on concrete without the dollies and I sprayed it down and that helped. I'm thinking the torsion springs must have been binding for some reason and moving it up and down made it come out of it. Before it would bottom out and not move up unless I picked it up now its rising back up nicely about 1 inch from its max. Its the base model FX10EB with the 121 track. Didn't really want the short track but it is a 2014 and the spring price on craiglist was right. I guess I will run it next winter and check it over after a few miles to recheck track tension and alignment but it looks great now.

Back