• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 sr viper rtx see or 2011 nytro rtx

rich1374670x

Looking at both of these sleds. Both brand new from a dealer. The viper is 9k out the door and the nytro is 8k out the door. The nytro comes with a 1 year warranty and the viper has the factory warranty with a 5 year option for $650. Hate buying first year of anything and also do not want to pay too much for a dated chassis. Any input on either machine would be helpful. Thanks rich

i dont think the Nytro would be worth it for 8, you will have a lot of add-ons that you want to do to the Nytro right out of the box.

Take the viper
go to ebay for your extended warranty. Pretty sure port yamaha sells warrantys on there for 450
Dont think yes has a 5 year option.
Its 4 years plus the 1 year factory warranty for 5 years total.

?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160421-060654.png
    Screenshot_20160421-060654.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 77
The viper is a much better deal. That's what I would choose if I was in your shoes.

What is everybody's opinion of the extended warranty? Seems like every time I get one I never need it and rarely use the base warranty.

Viper, I've seen MANY low mileage 10-11' nytros for 5k, some with quite the goodies list including aftermarket "handling fix" A-arms. The second that Nytro leaves the dealer it looses 3k in value, the Viper about 1000$

Get the viper, and I think the 5 year warranty is worth it for 650 as well.

Alot of the vipers have starter problems. Plus a whole bunch of little problems. Cracked headers, broken heat shields, the top of the chaincase covers all crack, etc etc.

Have they got a fix for this starter issue? I have read about so many issues on it. Warranty would be a given after some research. Just don't want to much down time.

Back