• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 Viper exhaust

Yamaha81

Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 Yamaha Viper
Hi Guys

Seem to be getting a lot of rattling and I believe my stock Yamaha silencer/can is cracked. I want to replace it and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for an aftermarket can that won’t get me in trouble. I trail ride mostly in Maine and I know on their website it states I’m not suppose to alter exhaust with anything other than stock(I think I worded that right). A new stock silencer is like $600. Should I just stick with that?

Check with Barn of Parts for a used one

does the sled have the most recent flash in it?

Has anyone repaired the cracked mufflers or is the metal too thin? I have a cracked muffler also and was going to try weld and reinforce it.

Hi, so right after I bought the sled I brought it to a place in Amesbury Ma to have it gone through. After I time riding it I had issues with the HID headlights and the muffler/silencer started to rattle. I noticed a crack on the outside of it. I was going to just buy an aftermarket can but I don’t feel like getting tickets from the Wardens so I’m going to stay stock. I called Schmidt Brothers and I can mail them my stock can and they will fix it and actually change out the internal components to add more horsepower and drop some weights or I found a used one from Barn of Parts.

Back