• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 SR Viper R-TX DX no stem on oil cover cap?

crunchie

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 SR Viper R-TX DX
Good evening, I have recently bought a 2015 Viper R-TX DX. Upon unscrewing the oil reservoir cap, there's no dipstick attached to the cap. Nor is there a sight glass for the engine oil, at least that I can see? Is that normal? TIA

My 2016 RTX DX has a dip stick.

Just wondering if the previous owner changed the cap? Weird. Anybody out there with a 2015?

I have a 2015 RTX DX manufacture date of 04/2014 bought new out of the crate. No dipstick, only the sightglass on the side of the oil tank and a fill cap.

I have a 2015 RTX DX manufacture date of 04/2014 bought new out of the crate. No dipstick, only the sightglass on the side of the oil tank and a fill cap.
Ok maybe I missed the sight glass, I'll check tomorrow, tks. Do you need to remove the muffler to see the sight glass?

Ok maybe I missed the sight glass, I'll check tomorrow, tks. Do you need to remove the muffler to see the sight glass?
I have a 2015 RTX and you can see the sight glass without removing the muffler. Mine does not have a dipstick but would love to know if us 2014-2015 guys can replace our cap with a newer dipstick model.

I have a 2015 RTX and you can see the sight glass without removing the muffler. Mine does not have a dipstick but would love to know if us 2014-2015 guys can replace our cap with a newer dipstick model.
My buddy has a 2016 L-TX LE and has a dipstick. Not sure if he has a sight glass. I’m going to borrow his and try it on my RTX.

99% certain his '16 will not have a sight glass. '15 was a transitional year for the oil tank and dipstick. The early '15's had sight glass and no dipstick. The later ones had tank without sight glass and had a dipstick instead.

99% certain his '16 will not have a sight glass. '15 was a transitional year for the oil tank and dipstick. The early '15's had sight glass and no dipstick. The later ones had tank without sight glass and had a dipstick instead.

Well I do have a sight glass. My wife lent me her eyes and saw it right away lol.

Back