• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Viper Fit & Finish

yamaha06

VIP Member
Well I finally picked up my new viper ltx se, this is the sharpest machine I have ever owned and I cannot wait to ride the thing. After getting it home and getting to really go over the thing I have realized the fit and finish isn't the greatest on these machines, I was hoping they would be better on the 15's.

photo 1 (6).JPG

The left side of the snow flap is lower then the right

photo 2 (7).JPG

Gouge / Scratch on the black piece below handle bars

photo 3 (1).JPG

This is the tab for the hood where it attaches below the headlight into the black rad cover piece there is a gap there.

I also have a little blemish in the blue leather colored section on the seat but it's pretty minor can't really see it to much. I also noticed that the handlebars have a little play up and down and that there is a little rattle under the hood when you shake the machine around. So I will be calling the dealer Monday to see what is up with that.

Well I finally picked up my new viper ltx se, this is the sharpest machine I have ever owned and I cannot wait to ride the thing. After getting it home and getting to really go over the thing I have realized the fit and finish isn't the greatest on these machines, I was hoping they would be better on the 15's.

View attachment 99565

The left side of the snow flap is lower then the right

View attachment 99566

Gouge / Scratch on the black piece below handle bars

View attachment 99567

This is the tab for the hood where it attaches below the headlight into the black rad cover piece there is a gap there.

I also have a little blemish in the blue leather colored section on the seat but it's pretty minor can't really see it to much. I also noticed that the handlebars have a little play up and down and that there is a little rattle under the hood when you shake the machine around. So I will be calling the dealer Monday to see what is up with that.

I thought I was the only one with this issue. Maybe I'm a little picky or just spoiled by the many past Yamahas I've owned but here's my list:
1. body panels fit like hell.
2. right upper dash panel uses self tapping screws cut off shorter so not to cut the hell out a hand but still will. The same torx fasteners used have a separate washer so its easily lost.
3. on the left side where my knee would be, the upper white panel that meets the lower section has a HUGE noticeable jagged edge on it which in my opinion is plain out and out unacceptable but easily fixed.
4. and my "shaving kit" tool bag was mounted crooked.

Now don't get me wrong, I love this sled and can't wait to get on it and by no means do I have any reservations about my decision to buy it. But, I think we've been spoiled for so long as far as fit and finish goes that I myself have a tendancy to nit pick.
Either way its going to be a good season getting to know my new sled.

I thought I was the only one with this issue. Maybe I'm a little picky or just spoiled by the many past Yamahas I've owned but here's my list:
1. body panels fit like hell.
2. right upper dash panel uses self tapping screws cut off shorter so not to cut the hell out a hand but still will. The same torx fasteners used have a separate washer so its easily lost.
3. on the left side where my knee would be, the upper white panel that meets the lower section has a HUGE noticeable jagged edge on it which in my opinion is plain out and out unacceptable but easily fixed.
4. and my "shaving kit" tool bag was mounted crooked.

Now don't get me wrong, I love this sled and can't wait to get on it and by no means do I have any reservations about my decision to buy it. But, I think we've been spoiled for so long as far as fit and finish goes that I myself have a tendancy to nit pick.
Either way its going to be a good season getting to know my new sled.

Ya I hear you I don't know if I am also just being to picky or what, when I picked up my nitro when it was new I could not find a flaw anywhere, or a mark! It seems like on this sled every time I look I seem to find something, but a lot of its very minor I doubt the dealer will do anything about it.

:dead:
Let me know if my snow flap is uneven as I pass you. It's a snowmobile not a Porsche.
Last time you passed me the flap was missing, you must have gotten it uneven during the reinstall.

I got my STX DX home gave it a first wash and microfiber wipe down and and I DID NOT see anything out of order. All gaps equal, all as it should be. I HOPE this is the norm for year two Vipers.

Have not had the the side panels off to inspect the fuel line connections yet but will. Started ran forward and reverse, no drips smell or weird smoke. Did smell the heat in exhast for the first time.

Happy so far. Have to admit I really like the RED & WHITE in the garage!!!

The F&F is not what we have come to expect from Japan built Yamaha's. But as yamadoo pointed out, my 2015 seems to be pretty solid for what it is. Overall, I'm satisfied with it. Maybe I just have a great dealer that sets-up machines extremely well and knows what to look for before the customer takes delivery. Not sure....

Boy I must have gotten lucky but my Vipers F&F seems good and I have 2012 Venture,2010 Vectors LTX and GT, just traded in an Apex -so I am used to and proud of Yamahas F&F.
I am hoping the 2015 Vipers will be a proud moment for Thief River falls

Haha you guys are awesome your all making me feel better already!! I know I am just super picky, I am the same way with my Duramax!!
Sooner or later I am sure she will get some battle scars..

;)!;)!I looked mine over briefly again last night and still NO COMPLAINTS. ;)!

Back