• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 apex hp?what is it at now?

They never seem to want to publish that number. Probably better that buyers don,t know. LOL
Dyno numbers seem to vary as well, as games can and are played to get those numbers.
I saw one published number that mentioned the stock HP on a 2015 Apex was 155. Please don,t shoot the messenger.
The torque is what actually matters, and that power is on tap anywhere thru the power range. I love it.

Hey Marty, nobody is debating that, but what does more HP mean ?
Is it .ooo1 more HP, or 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 ?
They lost 10 lbs, I guess that equals a hair more HP/ per pound. LOL
They needed to kick it up to around 170HP, to give the stock turbo cat a go.
But we all kinda new that wouldn,t happen. Cann,t step on Cats toes. LOL
Like many others, sadly disappointed, and I,ll keep riding my old 07 APEX RTX ER.
When the new Apex costs more than lots of small cars, most people want something that doesn,t look the same, has basically the same HP, as a 2006 model.

You guys need to see the apex specs on the Canada site,they did a lot of changes to the motor..the USA site doesn't tell you about those new motor changes!!!!This year has more hp

Pretty sure that's the same old stuff they have had posted since 2011 on the engine just carried over? I don't see anything new there. Kind of deceiving though.

Wow the prices on the Canada site floored me enough to think a 14800 apex xtx is cheap.

I know,just would have been nice to see factory apex turbo!!!well 2018 cant come soon enough..i will continue my endeavors with the RTX till then!!!

Hey Marty, nobody is debating that, but what does more HP mean ?
Is it .ooo1 more HP, or 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 ?
They lost 10 lbs, I guess that equals a hair more HP/ per pound. LOL
They needed to kick it up to around 170HP, to give the stock turbo cat a go.
But we all kinda new that wouldn,t happen. Cann,t step on Cats toes. LOL
Like many others, sadly disappointed, and I,ll keep riding my old 07 APEX RTX ER.
When the new Apex costs more than lots of small cars, most people want something that doesn,t look the same, has basically the same HP, as a 2006 model.

The skid is 10 lbs lighter but added weight with dampeners. Also says skid is 10 lbs lighter than the 128? I thought the apex shortie was a 121 before?

Some of guys really need to ride a 2011 or newer apex...you may not think they are that much different...but they are...I noticed a lot of the "disappointed with the line up" folks are people with older apexes....the exup, eps, various suspension changes (including front end geometry changes)...all add up to a better sled...the 2011 and newer apexes..ride better, handle better and pull harder...they also have a better seat with a better riding position, better skis, and hand warmers that actually work....I has an 07 Attak GT..and my 11 xtx is a far better machine...it doesn't wear u out like the old apexes/rx1s do....you really owe it to yourself to ride one...the weakest link was/is the skid (imo)...and yamaha addressed that this year...if I didn't just buy this xtx...I would be buying a 2016...yes...it looks similar to previous apexes....why is that a bad thing?? I don't get the disappointed people...I like what I see...and am very happy with my xtx

We have 4 07 attaks in the family and we have loved them but the the 14 Apex XTX is so much better. Once you ride it you will not look back

The skid is 10 lbs lighter but added weight with dampeners. Also says skid is 10 lbs lighter than the 128? I thought the apex shortie was a 121 before?
The first series of Apex models was 121 (2006-2010) but the shorty version has been 128 since the 2011 power steering/EXUP version came out.

I personally think the 2016 Apex sounds great. One question I have though, did they get rid of the kicked up rails on the XTX? The new ones look flat. I wonder how that will effect handling on the twisties, particularly with a 146" track.

I personally think the 2016 Apex sounds great. One question I have though, did they get rid of the kicked up rails on the XTX? The new ones look flat. I wonder how that will effect handling on the twisties, particularly with a 146" track.
I wondered that as well...then I saw that the standard XTX gets the new ripsaw II....remember when it came out...they said it helped flatten out the cornering of the nytro...because the edge lugs were cut...I would think with EPS, Dual Tuners, and the ripsaw II...maybe you won't need tipped rails?? You should get more lateral slide out of the ripsaw II, than you would out of a ripsaw or cobra (thus less ski lift as well)....The unknown variable is the the new 146 single shot skid.
Only in the tightest of trails would the added length be a disadvantage...honestly the EPS helps alot with that...I hardly notice how long my XTX is. (on tight trails).

Listen guys,I just came off an 2013 cat turdbo,and it was boosted from 210 first stage to stage 4 315 hp on moon juice,but on stage 1 I know it would not out run my new xtx in the lower rpms all the way to 100,than it may just creep past it,now that is 210 hp,these cats are so very inefficient at getting there power to the ground compared to yamahas clutching and chaincase,heck if you don't at least blow one belt every 400 miles you aint driving the cat hard enough,than at 2599 miles lose chain and gears,and at 3100 miles lose pistons,yes I said pistns and rings,so ya 4-smokes can go boom to,more likely a cat than a 4 banger Yamaha though. So don't compare the cats flag ship twin turd to a precision 20 valve 4 banger Yamaha,it just does not compute,these made over twin motors than turboes to bring any kind of power to the game are a joke,now I had some one elses twin turbo,and it also was a pos in a dragon chassie,all I can say,is go try the other side,i have been all over it in the last 15 years sense I completely gave up on poo,yamaha quality was off the charts,maybe bedding down with cat has taken some of that swager out of there pants,who knows,but even with that said,they are still the most quality build sled maker IMO to date,yes I have also had a new doo,and the lower end started to go south at 2700,go figure,so I will run stock ape xtx to stock cat turbo,or a done up doo 4 smoke any time,and bet on the xtx to win,heck we can even run them thru rough trails,and I still believe the Yamaha will come out on top once more!

Back