• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Models

i think a new Exciter would be great, my mom bought my dad one new in 90 and we still have it and ride it, id love to see that name come back. ive been thinking of using some of the tunnel graphics from his on my Nytro, sort of an old twist paying respect to the old sleds.

I've heard rumours they're gonna bring back the 700 red top triple in an Arctic Cat F chassis in an effort to get rid of some old parts. It will be called the SXF7... Reverse lights are only available with spring order

I can imagine "exciter" as 2 400cc dirt bike motors together for a 800 twin like they did for phazer. And put it in viper chassis

I can imagine "exciter" as 2 400cc dirt bike motors together for a 800 twin like they did for phazer. And put it in viper chassis
Would love to see an r6 based motor to replace the phazer tho
450cc maybe??

As for the R6 comment, why would yamaha do that? The 3 cyl vector/nytro motor is lighter and more compact than the R6, and has equal or more power.

I would be happy with a true Yamaha sled of any kind in its updated version not the, what do we have left in the parts bins that we can throw at it. Ie: power steering, performance dampers. That last one just kills me, PD's LMAO.

Nytro yes but it's not a 85-100hp replacement and the 2-250 dirtbime motors put together are just lacking in performance an fun. 2 of the 400s together would be ideal for the class but the r6 motor is sweet so basing it off that would be awesome. I truely don't see motor replacements to soon other than something like this because I feel they will try to develop the r1 technology's and bring cost of it down then transition it over into the next generation of motors for snow. Imo

Nytro yes but it's not a 85-100hp replacement and the 2-250 dirtbime motors put together are just lacking in performance an fun. 2 of the 400s together would be ideal for the class but the r6 motor is sweet so basing it off that would be awesome. I truely don't see motor replacements to soon other than something like this because I feel they will try to develop the r1 technology's and bring cost of it down then transition it over into the next generation of motors for snow. Imo
I meant 2 450's. Yamaha doesn't have a 400cc dirt bike.

I still don't get a you are saying with regards to the R6 motor?? 2 cyl based on R6? 60 HP??

No 100hp

And yes ment 450 I guess.

And yes rage motor with f/I would be a great piece but they won't bring back an old motor. Best is to hope for 2cyl f/I replacement or the street bike remake. High rev high hp lower displacement

Last edited:
R6 "based" motor. A 3cyl with 200-250cc roughly each to replace the phazer. Set up properly it won't sound like a lawnmower like the phazer or other brands 4strokes will be more fun and smoother aswell

R6 "based" motor. A 3cyl with 200-250cc roughly each to replace the phazer. Set up properly it won't sound like a lawnmower like the phazer or other brands 4strokes will be more fun and smoother aswell
4cyl=600cc 120hp
3cyl=600-750cc 100hp
Explain to me how this is based off of the R6 motor?

The R6 is 150cc per cyl, how can you make a new engine with 200-250cc per cyl and base it on the R6? That would be based on the R1 engine!

Back