• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 RUMORS.......

450 lbs, 180 horsepower with autopilot.

My guess...new yamaha chassis and motor to replace the Phazer; crossover/mountain.

Couple cool quotes from the big Yamaha convention in February 2013, Vice President of Yamaha Motor Canada & North American Snowmobile Leader Peter Smallman-Tew:
1. "development is already underway on state-of-the-art four-stroke high-technology snowmobile engines, which will take us into a completely new dimension of performance, and new sled platforms."
2. "let me tell you this: our North American team puts us in a much stronger position to develop products for all market segments going further, and like I said earlier, we will be developing snowmobiles and engines in the next five years, each year … We are committed to be a leader in innovation, performance, quality and customer appeal. What you’re about to see is only a small portion of Yamaha’s long-term vision.”

I'm guessing a new phazer. Motor maybe same or new 90-100hp in viper chassis. That sled needs to be replaced. And option of turbo on a viper can tide over the apex thing but longer.

Yamaha needs a 4000rr equivalent to get kids on it enjoying it thinking they have something special but lower power and tons of fun and low cost (if that's even considered anymore)

A new Venture touring sled. Just like the Pantera 7000

New engine options based on the FZ8 or FZ9 motorcycles released this year. Or possibly the new 6-stroke technology seen in patent searches.
Something from TRF would not be a surprise. That relationship will not be going away any time soon.

Back