• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 RUMORS.......

there you go cause 4 stroke is not heavy enough need to go diesel. lol

I think they are going to stop building snowmobiles all together. If they buy artic cat they will keep the artic cat name. Nothing new out of japan they are to busy working on the new R1 motorcycle!

Yamadoo, holding out for a polaris/yamaha...I would own that too. Why just buy one when you can have two...

2014 viper, mpi
2009 Phazer 144"

Funny you say two stroke..... I am also leaning towards a di 2 stroke sled......long shot here but what better way to "re-define" your self than to have an all new all Yamaha built sled with a class leading 2 stroke engine with bigish HP numbers....
Why not offer a 2stroke and a 4 stroke option! Yamaha has been long over due to change the game and if there is money in it then you can be sure they will be doing it!

I dont think you'll ever see Yamaha get back into the 2 stroke game. They stopped making them for a reason, someone that gets paid big money decided it was a good time to get out. Not to mention they have the most reliable 4 stroke engines in the industry. I think a new 4 stroke engine is probably in the near future and they will revamp the Apex chassis.

And one thing yamaha should do for 2016 is have a rear exit exhaust on the viper, makes much more sence to me regarding center weight, less weight in front and for turboing. Always been one of my favourite things about yamaha.

I am a huge yamaha fan. I own sleds, wanverunner, Rhino, dirtbikes etc etc. I can tell you this...If they do not come out with a PURE Yamaha sled next year, I'm buying an Axys!!! Love our Vector GT...Awesome ride for long hauls...Have a Nytro RTX that I am selling and looking at replacements now. For 2015 I think Axys is the ride! (as much as it pains me to say...) Give me something with Apex power, in an ALL NEW Yamaha frame that is light, and I'm sold. I don;t want to wait until 2018 : (

Back