• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 RUMORS.......

It seems to me like a lot of people are holding their breath for something new from Yamaha. Not to be Mr negative but I think you will be hugely disappointed. I predict a buy out of Arctic cat and they will stop making sleds. the sled market is the smallest of their products and this would allow them to concentrate more on their money maker products aka motorcycles.

I hope this doesnt happen but it kinda looks that way to me.
Yuup.. You might have nailed it.

Yuup.. You might have nailed it.

I don't see them leaving snowmobiles.

Their ATV/UTV/Motorcross/Watercraft Are all strong competitors. Brand loyalty is very important and you will find very high percentages of us users that are into powersports that participate in several of their markets. Lose a reliable customer because you sent them to Poo or AC or BRP for their new toy there is a good chance you lose the rest. Many times a manufacturer will keep a run flat break even division going just to augment another division. This is especially true for Japanese manufacturers, they don't tend to be nearly as knee-jerk as board driven western companies.

I would not be surprised to see them do more corroboration here to avoid all the importing and shipping costs or buy/build a new plant and move manufacturing here.

Kinda curious about the performance damper. Half to laugh at the youtube video though. In trying to explain it they make it look like our chassis is made out of tootsie rools.

Their ATV/UTV/Motorcross/Watercraft Are all strong competitors. Brand loyalty is very important and you will find very high percentages of us users that are into powersports that participate in several of their markets. Lose a reliable customer because you sent them to Poo or AC or BRP for their new toy there is a good chance you lose the rest. Many times a manufacturer will keep a run flat break even division going just to augment another division. This is especially true for Japanese manufacturers, they don't tend to be nearly as knee-jerk as board driven western companies.

I would not be surprised to see them do more corroboration here to avoid all the importing and shipping costs or buy/build a new plant and move manufacturing here.

I hope your right about that and Yamaha doesn't leave the snowmobile business. I'm very much a Yamaha guy as you can see with my signature with the 04 Warrior, 09 Grizzly, and 09 V Star. I've had other Yamaha snowmobiles in the past as well. I tried Polaris ATV's and snowmobiles in the past and had terrible luck with them and went back to Yamaha and never looked back. If Yamaha got out of making sleds I don't know what I would get.

I hope your right about that and Yamaha doesn't leave the snowmobile business. I'm very much a Yamaha guy as you can see with my signature with the 04 Warrior, 09 Grizzly, and 09 V Star. I've had other Yamaha snowmobiles in the past as well. I tried Polaris ATV's and snowmobiles in the past and had terrible luck with them and went back to Yamaha and never looked back. If Yamaha got out of making sleds I don't know what I would get.

I don't think Yamaha Motor USA and Yamaha Motor Canada are getting out of the snowmobile business, but I do think Yamaha Japan is other then suppling engines, clutches, and a few other components. I think Yamaha Corporate is pretty much telling North America if you want sleds... fine... design and source them yourselves. What this means? I predict the partnership with Cat continues and expands as time goes on. I might be wrong, but that is how I see this whole deal.

I don't think Yamaha Motor USA and Yamaha Motor Canada are getting out of the snowmobile business, but I do think Yamaha Japan is other then suppling engines, clutches, and a few other components. I think Yamaha Corporate is pretty much telling North America if you want sleds... fine... design and source them yourselves. What this means? I predict the partnership with Cat continues and expands as time goes on. I might be wrong, but that is how I see this whole deal.

Well if the partnership between Yamaha and Arctic Cat continues maybe with Yamaha's influence Cat will start making better sleds more up to Yamaha's standards.

This would strongly support the partnership with Arctic Cat as well. AC has no impact on their motorcycle and PWC marketshare.

Here is a questionfor everyone. Being most are ok with the Nytro motor in a cat suspension, would anyone switch if yamaha supplied a two stroke motor to cat for their lineup, or if yamaha itself put a direct injected two stroke in a cat suspension?
A comment a Cat rep made that "they get a better deal, and service on the yamaha motors than the Suzuki ones" made me think. Along with the fact that Cat hasn't quite dialed in their 800 like they did with their 600 for a cleaner injection. Would also make sense for yamaha to gain the mountain riders back. Would anyone switch to a two stroke if it was a yamaha motor in either brand?

I wont buy anything related with Artic Cat!

Here is a questionfor everyone. Being most are ok with the Nytro motor in a cat suspension, would anyone switch if yamaha supplied a two stroke motor to cat for their lineup, or if yamaha itself put a direct injected two stroke in a cat suspension?
A comment a Cat rep made that "they get a better deal, and service on the yamaha motors than the Suzuki ones" made me think. Along with the fact that Cat hasn't quite dialed in their 800 like they did with their 600 for a cleaner injection. Would also make sense for yamaha to gain the mountain riders back. Would anyone switch to a two stroke if it was a yamaha motor in either brand?
It would be hard for me to switch back to a 2 stroke hence I have been burned soooooo many times with burn downs wrecking my trips and the expense and frustration!

I went to the RX1 in 2004 and it has been all 4 stroke ever since. I would never willingly buy another 2 stroke again.

I have to agree, it is very unlikely I would go back to a 2smoke. Put a battery and starter on the Cat 6 or 8 and you are probably within a gallon of gas weight difference to the Viper/7000.
Add in an oil change once a year, changing spark plugs as scheduled maintenance not on the trail in the cold, lower cost of operation, not doing the drop in motor for about $2500 when the 2 stroke fails "just cause". I like my 4 stroke.
And in about two and a half months (when the 16's are released) we should know if Yamaha did this because of possible manufacturing constraints in Japan from the tsunami and the loss of large amount power generation at the time, and this was the fastest way to maintain production/market share, or this goes deeper than either one has said.

i would love a two stroke yamaha!!! no cat clutches thou

would be nice to have something lite to play with in the snow

Back