• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 snow sneek peek-did anybody actually go?

I was at the Central WI show as well. Seemed like most people were huddled over at the Polaris area. And you know for sure you're in Wisconsin as everyone had a cold brew in their hand!

I have to admit the Polaris sleds do have some great ergo's and there suspension looks great! Just wish they had a Viable 4 stroke motor in there new chassis. The new Skidoo's look better and have a ton of great features . The only drawback on the new 1200 was the handle bars they hit my leg only halfway thru there movement. Terry from Donahue's said you can just tilt the bars forward but it was sure weird. My brother has the 15 1200 and the steering is nothing like that! Do all the XS styles have that weird steering? I have never drove one.

If you tilt the Doo bars forward then windshield interference could be an issue unless you run low shield. The Renegade Adr hits my knees and also comes right to the windshield when turned.

If you tilt the Doo bars forward then windshield interference could be an issue unless you run low shield. The Renegade Adr hits my knees and also comes right to the windshield when turned.

When my brother installed a higher windshield on his 1200 we had to cut down his hand guard mounts to keep them from hitting the windshield . The good thing was I got to ride his quite a bit and the overall performance compared to my Vector was only a little better. The riding position on the other hand was a lot less tiring to drive. I guess that's why they made the new Viper! The new 1200 steering reminded me of the Nytro.

The Show is in Fargo tonight. A couple buddies, non-sledders, said they saw an Arctic Cat truck outside the Fargodome. I was pretty sure Cat chose not to attend again this year. We will see after tonight.

Did Yamaha have the Apex XTX 1.75 on display?

The Show is in Fargo tonight. A couple buddies, non-sledders, said they saw an Arctic Cat truck outside the Fargodome. I was pretty sure Cat chose not to attend again this year. We will see after tonight.

Did Yamaha have the Apex XTX 1.75 on display?
They did at Wausau not fond of gray & blue graphics.

Cat was not in ontario last weekend either. My dealer sells Polaris also snow checking a lot of ayxs this year he's not snow checking many yamaha like last year.

Apex at the old fordge ny show
20150313_105534.jpg

Nothing really interested me from any brand except maybe some of the new doos vs 2015 sleds

I was at the Oak's Pa. show for about two hours and the brand with the "" LEAST "" attention was 'well you know!

Arrived at at Wausau about 4:45PM & hall was packed to my surprise so early. Doo in the middle flanked by Yamaha & Poo on the ends. Doo area packed as always but very few in Poo display to see BNG for the most part but they are cool colors. Yamaha had a good crowd going but not much sales help & the knowledge level was not good asking basic questions. Most were older ladies & gentlemen not much young blood looking at Yams. AC a no show.

I agree about the lack of knowledge in the Yamaha area. I was talking to one dealer and I knew more about the new YCCT system on the Vector then he did! Yamaha needs to make sure to educate their dealers on this new technology, especially before a big show. I also agree that most of the young people were looking at Doo and Polaris. I'm 31 and felt young in the Yamaha area! Still not ruling out a Vector, if I can gather more information on the new technology!

I don't know if Yamaha was caught off guard with new product but sales reps were clueless & did NOT want to engage customers...maybe looked for their customers then ignored everyone else & didn't want to talk. The presentations I heard were like this model is the Apex & it is blue & silver gets decent gas mileage & is a 4s....Duhhhhhh! I didn't want to talk to those guys after that so looked for a factory rep. Very disappointed in quailty of Yamaha show sales people & when Yamaha does release all new platforms they will need to get sales up to speed or it will be very fustrating for customers. That Yamaha needs a sales rep refersher course was not lost on me very poor sales representation at Wausau Show.

Back