• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 viper Code 0652, 1689, 1692.

The headlight only comes on after the engine starts I believe.
Do you have a wiring diagram?
yes, i found the Yamaha service manual and have that, plus one posted here by a ty guy that i marked up

1704247149259.png

Check here. If the code o562 shares the Red/Brown wire in it's circuit then the connector pictured that joins those three wires could be dirty. Worth checking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240102_210745_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20240102_210745_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 28
here she sits in all her glory

With the machine running take a voltage test off the Brown/Red wire at the solenoids and also off the shift fuse in the fuse box.
Also check the voltage at the plug pictured by me.

k thanks, will do, i'll let you know.

Update: I got a new ECU (note the one from Partzilla which is backordered) but a used one from a 2015 viper. I got it all back together last night and she's running like a dream. So turns I did fry the ECU by boosting it....

Update: I got a new ECU (note the one from Partzilla which is backordered) but a used one from a 2015 viper. I got it all back together last night and she's running like a dream. So turns I did fry the ECU by boosting it....
Thanks for checking back in, this may help someone some day!

Back